• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The Bengals will probably be demolished now. KC is fired up.

Burrow is not ready for this meat grinder. In a couple seasons, yes. But not yet.

This will be like Luke vs Vader first duel.

I agree, unfortunately.  Definitely think KC is the huge favorite to win it all.  Felt that way all along, but I can’t stand them, personally. Never been an Andy Reid or Tyreek Hill fan.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'd like the college OT rule applied. Back in the day you could say that defense decides the game not a coin toss, but the game has evolved to heavily favor offense. 

Please no. Don’t want the gimmicky college rules in the NFL.

The NFL doesn’t really want long overtimes due to player safety. They’ve already reduced it to 10 mins in the reg season. The D coordinators need to keep playing aggressive and not slip into scared prevent mode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It was but both were good.

Both teams had zero defensive confidence by the end. The offenses were absolutely rolling. Whoever got the ball was winning that game.  Never seen such a late game offensive explosion by both teams as the last few minutes of regulation took place.

The outcome seemed fine.  Regulation was just extended under the guise of OT and the Chiefs were the last team standing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm not a fan of changing agendas, Don't let the Chiefs score with 13 secs left in regulation, You had the top D in the league, Its on the Bills.

Agree but it doesn’t matter how we got to OT. Leaving it up to a coin flip…think about that nfl. That’s how you want to decide any playoff game? It’s not just THIS game. Any OT game in playoffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree but it doesn’t matter how we got to OT. Leaving it up to a coin flip…think about that nfl. That’s how you want to decide any playoff game? It’s not just THIS game. Any OT game in playoffs. 

Coin flip doesn’t decide the game…just who gets the ball first. If you can’t keep the offense from going 80 yards then tough cookies.

• Like 2

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Then stop them in OT, Its been the rule, This is not hard, If buffalo would have won the toss and drove the field and won, The argument goes the other way, You can argue you this all day, Its been proposed numerous times to change it, And the owners decided to keep status quo

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The NFL doesn’t really want long overtimes due to player safety. They’ve already reduced it to 10 mins in the reg season. The D coordinators need to keep playing aggressive and not slip into scared prevent mode. 

I don't think college OT is gimmicky but just giving the other team a chance to match would be more fair, especially in the playoffs. 

We hear it all the time and it's true: the game doesn't favor defense anymore. It's not about being aggressive. I mean TB went zero blitz at the end of the game and got torched over the top. Corners can't be as physical. It's a lot easier to get separation now. I think the playoffs need to account for that by allowing the other offense to get one chance. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Of course, on the flip side, the Bucs may still be alive if they hadn’t been way too aggressive (all out blitz) on that last play to set up the game winning FG for the Rams.  

Doesn’t really matter to me, but maybe someone should play some defense and get a stop…heck, even bend but don’t break works.

This is what the contemporary NFL wants.
High scoring firework shootouts = more viewers.

Bellichek’s defense-centric schemes seem outdated, not that they showed up last week.
  • Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Then stop them in OT, Its been the rule, This is not hard, If buffalo would have won the toss and drove the field and won, The argument goes the other way, You can argue you this all day, Its been proposed numerous times to change it, And the owners decided to keep status quo

Agree--I don't think the rule will change any time soon. Great game. Almost guaranteed to be better than the SB lol. 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don't think college OT is gimmicky but just giving the other team a chance to match would be more fair, especially in the playoffs. 

We hear it all the time and it's true: the game doesn't favor defense anymore. It's not about being aggressive. I mean TB went zero blitz at the end of the game and got torched over the top. Corners can't be as physical. It's a lot easier to get separation now. I think the playoffs need to account for that by allowing the other offense to get one chance. 

The zero blitz was over aggressive. There’s still plenty of defense played…even in the games this weekend.

Just now, dendrite said:

Change it to each team has a chance and then you’ll get games where both teams score a TD, and then the team that scored first will score again. Then that will be considered unfair since the other team doesn’t get 2 shots. I mean where does it end? 

It will never end, Someone is going to be sour no matter, Leave it as is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Change it to each team has a chance and then you’ll get games where both teams score a TD, and then the team that scored first will score again. Then that will be considered unfair since the other team doesn’t get 2 shots. I mean where does it end? 

That’s why I prefer the college rules for OT, but having said that…I still think it’s MORE fair to go to the current rules after each team is guaranteed one possession, if the first team scores a TD, or go to sudden death after that process.  

Simply put, each team should have at least one offensive possession, no matter the procedure from there, in my own personal opinion.  

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic