• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Those few tucked EPS members are pretty compact with the precip. field until the SLP is near the Cape. I'm not sure if places west of the NY border - NYC, POU, ALB - see warnings snows on any of those.

Even the CMC was pretty limited on the western quadrant. If the low starts offshore, there is no initial overrunning until you get pretty far east or north.

Fine with me.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah could care less about dendrites lol. 

That’s why I rank 2015 well below the other monsters. Yeah, I got 34”+ on winter hill, but so much fluff factor inside that band, lol…don’t get me wrong, amazing storm and I’d love to experience it again, but give me Dec 92, Apr 97 or even the back to back Dec 96 storms. Even Feb 2013…ASOS grossly underestimated that QPF…prob had around 3” melted. Just massive amounts of QPF dumped in the form of man snow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

A very personal question here but, my flight in from London arrives at 1 PM Saturday. What do you think? There are no flights available for me to get in on Friday evening. Trust me I’ve already looked at that fully.  In the relevance and context of this thread, I guess what I’m really asking is is the tendency gonna be to slow down or speed up do you think in this sort of set up?

I’ll tell you what, I’ll take your place in London. I have no idea what you do and am most likely not qualified but my name is Mark and I love London. I think I can fake it enough so you can be here if there is a storm. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I find it very hard to care about places in NY while posting here in the New England subforum. 

You find it hard to care about anyone outside of your backyard. We all know that by now. NY also borders three NE States. So the fortunes of people in eastern NY are similar to people in western NE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That’s why I rank 2015 well below the other monsters. Yeah, I got 34”+ on winter hill, but so much fluff factor inside that band, lol…don’t get me wrong, amazing storm and I’d love to experience it again, but give me Dec 92, Apr 97 or even the back to back Dec 96 storms. Even Feb 2013…ASOS grossly underestimated that QPF…prob had around 3” melted. Just massive amounts of QPF dumped in the form of man snow. 

Idk man…there’s something nice about the fluff. Love the way my feet slide effortlessly through powder. Paste is great, but I may prefer powder. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

With his wind blown snow fetish, Ginx would think he’d died and gone to heaven. 

Give me zero visibility. Nothing like it. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s rare to get a good fluff job and typically the wind packs it down, but I enjoy a good tempest. Definitely agree.

38 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Those few tucked EPS members are pretty compact with the precip. field until the SLP is near the Cape. I'm not sure if places west of the NY border - NYC, POU, ALB - see warnings snows on any of those.

Even the CMC was pretty limited on the western quadrant. If the low starts offshore, there is no initial overrunning until you get pretty far east or north.

Who cares?

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic