• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm Traditions

tarheelwx

Since it’s that time of the year, I thought I’d find out what traditions you have for winter storms.  I’ll kick it off:

- Leaves on my yard absorb heat and help snow melt faster.  So, a day or two before accumulating snow/sleet, I mow my yard with my rear bagger mower to get all the stray leaves off the yard.  It also whacks back any long sprouting weeds that take longer to cover up.  
- Big breakfast (usually bacon and pancakes/waffles), but only after precip is falling and beginning to accumulate.  

What about you guys?

TW   

53 minutes ago, tarheelwx said:

Since it’s that time of the year, I thought I’d find out what traditions you have for winter storms.  I’ll kick it off:

- Leaves on my yard absorb heat and help snow melt faster.  So, a day or two before accumulating snow/sleet, I mow my yard with my rear bagger mower to get all the stray leaves off the yard.  It also whacks back any long sprouting weeds that take longer to cover up.  
- Big breakfast (usually bacon and pancakes/waffles), but only after precip is falling and beginning to accumulate.  

What about you guys?

TW   

I dont have one but now I do.  See you for breakfast at your house :)

On 1/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, tarheelwx said:

What about you guys?

TW   

Lol, I thought I was the only one.