Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Bent the roll cage on both sides, doors need to be replaced, dented hood, rear fender, windshield is whack, frame might be bent. I really hope it's toast. The body shop said 3-4 months of work. I get $25/day rental coverage for a month.

I’m can’t imagine that not being totaled.   That blows

7 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Could have been worse. When my daughter said "the huge pine tree just landed on your truck" I thought it was one of these two.

20220218_111948-1.jpg

Can ALWAYS be worse! No lives loss or injuries . Material stuff can be replaced, hopefully the insurance adjuster and body shop agree to total the truck. Those trees are hugh!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'd be really nervous having that next to my house.

Spoke to my neighbor that owns one, me the other, supposedly they're near the end of life. If one of those lands on my house, it'll be crushed. I'm guessing the weight about 20k#'s each, whereas the Norway spruce is probably around 2-3k#'s. 

46 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Could have been worse. When my daughter said "the huge pine tree just landed on your truck" I thought it was one of these two.

20220218_111948-1.jpg

damn that sucks man, we just felled a 50' pine that was 10' from our house for this reason, but the unforeseen circumstances of the weight shift caused a ton of settling on the 250 yo house, but the tree is gone, hopefully they total it and you can upgrade...was it worth much?

58 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

damn that sucks man, we just felled a 50' pine that was 10' from our house for this reason, but the unforeseen circumstances of the weight shift caused a ton of settling on the 250 yo house, but the tree is gone, hopefully they total it and you can upgrade...was it worth much?

Given the car shortage, more than I thought, but the same '22 model is about 20% more than I what paid 3 years ago.

16 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Given the car shortage, more than I thought, but the same '22 model is about 20% more than I what paid 3 years ago.

I got in an accident and had to get a rental and it was the same as yours $25 a day. My agent upped mine for very little money so when it happened again I got it fully paid, it's not much more to up the rental to $50 per day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Ukie and CMC  are much warmer

All depends on the high up north 

1038 mb high to the north in a decent location on the Canadian. I’m leaning cold and snowy with this one, I looked at the ensembles a bit more and really like what I see. This setup has a lot going for it, even the Canadian although it’s warmer it has a decent low track and the secondary redevelopment. The European guidance has been the warmest with this, and it trended in the right direction this afternoon. I would like to see another bump colder on that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Don’t use kuchera for these swfe systems.   Euro again with the thump, drizzle, end.   I think that’s the best idea:given swfe climo.   But the bigger issue is GEFS.   This look SCREAMS huge event  in the first half of March!

CB6E86C1-511D-4092-9747-50BF47C73560.png

Eh idk we have a very strong high to the north with secondary redevelopment. I don’t buy this being a run of the mill SWFE, it’s trending into a juiced up SWFE/ Miller B hybrid.

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Eh idk we have a very strong high to the north with secondary redevelopment. I don’t buy this being a run of the mill SWFE, it’s trending into a juiced up SWFE/ Miller B hybrid.

Lol.....yes that’s how we get mostly snow.   But it’s not called a swfe for nothin’.   Mid levels should allow tainting.   Now...we can have an all snow event but snow growth usually is not good and the ceiling is 8-12, floor 2-4.   Big range but this will not be a blockbuster event.  The big high will lock low level cold but snow comes from the mids.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

George, your big 3 are all fairly similar.  Are you saying you’re going gfs now?

I’m going with a blend of the big 3, I do think gfs is too far south. However, I would say the ceiling is 18 inches not 8-12 due to all the moisture involved. There is also a good amount of confluence in the upper levels so that should help with a more favorable mid level track. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

I’m going with a blend of the big 3, I do think gfs is too far south. However, I would say the ceiling is 18 inches not 8-12 due to all the moisture involved. There is also a good amount of confluence in the upper levels so that should help with a more favorable mid level track. 

Good luck.  I’ll buy you a pizza if anyone in the area gets 18 inches.