• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Here’s the storm report from Charlotte last night:  1.7” IP, 0.1” ZR and 0.2” SN. Water content for the lot is 1.3”. Suuuuuuper dense. Snowpack was down to 3” at the flip and probably has a couple of inches of water content since it melted down fro 7” and captured the initial rain. It’s like a glacier out there now. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Saturday looks interesting with squalls, but it falls short of the highest events like 1/28/10. The biggest difference was an event like 2010 had saturation up to like 500mb...so you had the instability off the charts whereas tomorrow is more like up to 700mb and then it dries out above that. It's still very unstable but when you cap the cloud tops at H7 instead of H5 or higher, then it lowers the ceiling. But events like 2010 are a high bar...they happen maybe once or twice a decade.

1/30/19 was a pretty good one.  Not 1/28/10 but few are.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

The bigger problem will be the ice rink-like conditions until we get enough snow to groom them up.  

It's too bad EverSharp carbides never caught on and went out of business! Ice was NEVER a problem with them and proper studs. By far the best carbides we ever used and never got dull

3 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

It's too bad EverSharp carbides never caught on and went out of business! Ice was NEVER a problem with them and proper studs. By far the best carbides we ever used and never got dull

For me, the bigger issue comes from tracks that get frozen into the trail.  I hate getting stuck in frozen ski ruts.  Seems like you are always wrestling to keep the sled going the way you want rather following someone else's tracks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mreaves said:

For me, the bigger issue comes from tracks that get frozen into the trail.  I hate getting stuck in frozen ski ruts.  Seems like you are always wrestling to keep the sled going the way you want rather following someone else's tracks.

drop the skis in the ruts, and just let the slot car track take you whereever you want to go-or at least wherever the previous guy went

• Like 1