Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I guess this is a good signal for overrunning? Each run the SE ridge is a little stronger.

906672441_gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_65(6).thumb.png.de87f74dbaa96ea4dd6667bd8a59b954.png

GEFS have more SE ridging which is a risk, If this becomes more EPO instead of PNA. I mentioned a few days ago that if convection stays more maritime continent it will not be more PNA driven. 
That said, EPS still looks great. I would set expectations as being a scenario where latitude matters. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

GEFS have more SE ridging which is a risk. If this becomes more EPO instead of PNA. I mentioned a few days ago that if convection stays more maritime continent it will not be more PNA driven. 
That said, EPS still looks great. I would set expectations as being a scenario where latitude matters. 

Thanks.

I am close the south coast which would be problematic for me.

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I still think it looks more icy than snowy anywhere in SNE next Friday. Think back to Feb 4 when GFS was cold and snowy and Euro wasn’t . Who won that one? Swfe don’t trend south 

That one was a raging cutter at one point on all globals in the longer range. I think most of them have come in flatter, except the BGM cutter. This one did too, but it just didn't matter for NE. GFS had 15" for ORD at 60-72hr, and they ended up with 4". Well see next week, has a decent look for this range though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro has been too amplified all winter and gfs too flat 

Going to Tahoe on Tuesday for a week, both models have been trending better with that appendix looking trough over the Sierra. One model (I forget which) almost breaks off the western ridge and digs a low underneath about a week or so out.

• Like 1