• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Good cold air example of Spectrum Width use tonight. You can see the cool air surging in in the lowest levels on a long loop of BTV radar. It’s usually used for TBSS and turbulent flows but tonight’s loop is a good example of a leading edge use, albeit not for a convective complex. 

Radar tech / remote sensing is absolutely amazing these days. 

• Like 1

This is some of the worst weather conditions I've seen in a long time.  Just high winds, sleet and freezing rain going sideways.  My car was completely encased in ice after driving up to the office.  It's 23F up here and 13F at the summit now.... it was in the low 40s like 90 minutes ago.

Everything flash freezing as we speak and ice pellets just slamming into the windows.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is some of the worst weather conditions I've seen in a long time.  Just high winds, sleet and freezing rain going sideways.  My car was completely encased in ice after driving up to the office.  It's 23F up here and 13F at the summit now.... it was in the low 40s like 90 minutes ago.

Everything flash freezing as we speak and ice pellets just slamming into the windows.  

:damage:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

narrownaiveamericanratsnake-size_restric

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

how were the roads?

31 minutes ago, klw said:

how were the roads?

They were ok when I came up.  Lots of standing water though that hadn't frozen yet.  I hear its terrible now.

I mean it is absolutely plummeting temperatures.  It was 40s like two hours ago.

Now 16.7F at the office and sustained winds of 30mph.  Flash freeze at it's finest.  The "forecast" icon is hilarious, lightning, snowflake, raindrop.

690101516_6AMweather.jpg.ce6eafc968cbddf9932039346b7c7f88.jpg

• Like 1