Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

The red sand OMG. they scooped it from Iwo Jima beaches and dumped it in Tolland. Right up through 2006 I would say

You know where they got it from. Remember Red Rocks golf course where Buckland Mall is now ? As they dug all that red sand out of there.. they sold it to all the local towns for winter. It would grind into your car carpets.. ruin shoes and pants.. and collect all n roadsides and you’d fall on motorcycles and bikes as kids in the spring riding until street sweepers came 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I remember as a kid you’d get behind a plow and could hear the tiny sand pebbles mixed in hitting the windshield . They used red sand here growing up and it left a hideous reddish brown all over everything. My dad would go out into our culdesac and sweep the entire circle up with a push broom, shovel loads of it into wheelbarrow and dump it into our woods 

good ole chesire red clay sand mix... not quite as windy as I expected yet, still torching tho, ridding what's left of the snow I did have otg...refresher Sat??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You know where they got it from. Remember Red Rocks golf course where Buckland Mall is now ? As they dug all that red sand out of there.. they sold it to all the local towns for winter. It would grind into your car carpets.. ruin shoes and pants.. and collect all n roadsides and you’d fall on motorcycles and bikes as kids in the spring riding until street sweepers came 

But what happened to all of the early morning runners?