Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

The December 2008 ice storm also started as rain in ORH....we flipped over sometime during the afternoon on Dec 11th, but it didn't really start glazing well until closer to sundown.

Also started as rain in the Merrimack Valley area. Basketball practice that night started at 5. Four hours later when the coaches and players went outside, we found everything encased in ice.  We could hear the accidents occurring on 495. 

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Also started as rain in the Merrimack Valley area. Basketball practice that night started at 5. Four hours later when the coaches and players went outside, we found everything encased in ice.  We could hear the accidents occurring on 495. 

I just missed that ice storm in Wilmington...just up the road in N Tewksbury has some branches down. Methuen must have gotten crushed..glad I wasn't here then.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just missed that ice storm in Wilmington...just up the road in N Tewksbury has some branches down. Methuen must have gotten crushed..glad I wasn't here then.

Methuen did get hit hard. All night long I could hear the branches cracking and breaking off of trees.  There was quite the mess to clean up. West Methuen looked like a tank battle had occurred. 

• Like 1

I am expecting this has a slight possibility of trending somewhat colder and delivering some kind of mix and thump to interior Southern New England, because of kinda climo or wishful thinking. But if not we have all of the rest of February and Morch for potential. 

Winter can get mild, sometimes very much so, but guaranteed rain for the rest of the year is reserved for things like Barnstable or 2019-2020.

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Methuen did get hit hard. All night long I could hear the branches cracking and breaking off of trees.  There was quite the mess to clean up. West Methuen looked like a tank battle had occurred. 

Yeah I was guessing there must've been a gradient there. My inlaws live in east Haverhill near the river and it wasn't bad. Ice increased rapidly near the NH border

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Hey you can be angry but the question is...is the anger going to change the situation or benefit you?

No. But processing negative emotions helps to expedite the process of dispelling them....quite healthy. In a perfect world, no one would be allow circumstances that they can not control to impact the way that they feel, but we're human. The truth is that it did, but again...I'm over it...like when a  favorite sports team loses...I can't control it, but it sucks.

• Like 1

Just now, wx2fish said:

Yeah I was guessing there must've been a gradient there. My inlaws live in east Haverhill near the river and it wasn't bad. Ice increased rapidly near the NH border

Yes there was a gradient in the area. The further up 495 the more the icing became more severe. Especially along 495 and to the west of 495.  West Haverhill certainly got hit harder than East Haverhill. The west Haverhill area that borders Salem can be a sweet spot for winter weather.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No. But processing emotions helps to expedite the process of dispelling them....quite healthy. In a perfect world, no one would be allow things that they can not control to impact the way that they feel, but we're human. The truth is that it did, but again...I'm over...like when a  favorite sports team loses...I can't control it, but it sucks.

Well we handle things differently. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No. But processing negative emotions helps to expedite the process of dispelling them....quite healthy. In a perfect world, no one would be allow circumstances that they can not control to impact the way that they feel, but we're human. The truth is that it did, but again...I'm over it...like when a  favorite sports team loses...I can't control it, but it sucks.

You go ahead on wit yo bad LSW self!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

My cousin lived in Dracut at the time...she had to come stay with us for like a week because it was like a warzone...no power for a long time.