Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, 512high said:

You know, I was plowing in our loader for about 16 hours, I was happy it didn't go out to sea  and we would have never heard  the end. Depends , but I heard my city (ASH) got 8.5", one report said 9.5", the wind was tough, with that said, I was happy we got "snow" I'm sitting at about 20" so far, February could be a great snow month, plus my birthday is on the 11th!

I measured 8” and 9” last night after precip shut off. Do you plow for town? Are you the SOB who took out my mailbox last year?

• Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I measured 8” and 9” last night after precip shut off. Do you plow for town? Are you the SOB who took out my mailbox last year?

Lol, Chris  I do NOT plow for the city! Private contractor.........thanks regarding what you measured, we DO have the contract for AMR ambulance in Nashua.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

You can absolutely smell the need for a good snowstorm in PFs posts lol. They need it bad

Lol, this is the aftermath of every SNE coastal… the confidence and wondering if they want to allow another area the right to get a snowfall. Taking fun shots at posters like Phin, myself or JSpin.

Kings sitting on thrones at the top of their driveway piles, still not sure if they want to watch the village peasants have any fun :lol:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lol, this is the aftermath of every SNE coastal… the confidence and wondering if they want to allow another area the right to get a snowfall. Taking fun shots at posters like Phin, myself or JSpin.

Kings sitting on thrones at the top of their driveway piles, still not sure if they want to watch the village peasants have any fun :lol:.

Some of the same weenies who a couple days were begging for spring because the winter sucked so bad are now assuming every cutter will trend into a snowstorm for their backyard. LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Some of the same weenies who a couple days were begging for spring because the winter sucked so bad are now assuming every cutter will trend into a snowstorm for their backyard. LOL

Not only that but from a pure business perspective, a snowstorm in the population centers is just about as good as one up here. Would we have liked to have shared in the fun, of course but we currently have enough for winter outdoor activities so it’s not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Getting it in while we can. Should be a 2 footer for you. Look forward to the pics. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Phin just because you live part time in NNE the weenie stench of the Mid Atlantic never left your posts. You have more angst left in you from your MA days. The native NNErs know it's just a matter of time before they cash in big time. PF though is jonesin

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Phin just because you live part time in NNE the weenie stench of the Mid Atlantic never left your posts. You have more angst left in you from your MA days. The native NNErs know it's just a matter of time before they cash in big time. PF though is jonesin

You literally made an entire failed thread where you had to talk your SNE buds off the ledge over and over and routinely raged out at people… but it’s me. LOL ok. 

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Getting it in while we can. Should be a 2 footer for you. Look forward to the pics. 

Some may laugh, but anytime someone in the forum gets smoked it's a good thing.  Misery doesn't love company. Good people are easy to root for.

Hopefully there's a way we can get snow and down south can get an ice storm or flash freeze ending as snow to keep the wintry vibe going region wide.

We watch this one... long way to go and getting back to weather, I still worry the wave amps up and spreads mixed precip/rain further north than the current mid-range model runs.  The next 48 hours should give us a better picture but still 84 hours until any overrunning precip approaches New England from the NW. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some may laugh, but anytime someone in the forum gets smoked it's a good thing.  Misery doesn't love company. Good people are easy to root for.

Hopefully there's a way we can get snow and down south can get an ice storm or flash freeze ending as snow to keep the wintry vibe going region wide.

We watch this one... long way to go and getting back to weather, I still worry the wave amps up and spreads mixed precip/rain further north than the current mid-range model runs.  The next 48 hours should give us a better picture but still 84 hours until any overrunning precip approaches New England from the NW. 

I could be mistaken here, but last few weeks, it looks like models have underestimated the cold whenever there's been an arctic push from the north predicted.  Hopefully that cold air pushes south enough to get snow in the forecast for most of the region.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

Albany at 13.8".  18" below average.  We have had snow cover since MLK though.  XC skiing was great today with a solid 4.5" of tough stuff underneath 1.5" of powda!

Same here, it’s been wintry but you and I and everybody in between Albany and the Connecticut River definitely have been on the short end of snowfall the past few years.  I’ve only had four storms above 6 inches in the past three years and the last double digit was December 2020.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Same here, it’s been wintry but you and I and everybody in between Albany and the Connecticut River definitely have been on the short end of snowfall the past few years.  I’ve only had four storms above 6 inches in the past three years and the last double digit was December 2020.

Yeah it's been pretty tough. We were fairly lucky with some decent stretches of cold both last February and this January.  Hopefully we can get a couple nice SWFE's in February. 

• Like 1