Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

39 minutes ago, Ji said:
48 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
I’m now down to where day 7 and beyond is the limit of my window before i miss something. Gone to Mexico feb 9-14.  So yes, that’s when a storm will happen. Bump this post when it does.  I’ll be right.  
That Sunday Monday deal better come back dammit  
I bet on our winter being sucky. I may lose 

Will you still so pbp for us?

Honestly, i prob would.  And that’s sad. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I like him but he’s always firmly been a Debbie downer. Especially with the misleading maps. But he might be right this one time. I still think Sunday Monday is alive. 

Sorry not trying to be a downer just a realist.  Believe me if I see a snow map that looks good for Sunday today I will post it!!!

To be honest, I do feel like we chase a lot of unicorns in here.  I sympathize so I don’t attack people.   I have enough stress at work…. Hopefully we will see positive developments at 12z.  Back to my coal mine…. (Job).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weather Will said:

Sorry not trying to be a downer just a realist.  Believe me if I see a snow map that looks good for Sunday today I will post it!!!

To be honest, I do feel like we chase a lot of unicorns in here.  I sympathize so I don’t attack people.   I have enough stress at work…. Hopefully we will see positive developments at 12z.  Back to my coal mine…. (Job).

Bring diamonds and not coal :guitar:

Ensembles seem insistent that we do eventually get that glorious "broad bowl" gradient pattern/overrunning look that @Bob Chill keeps mentioning, but probably not until next weekend or after.  EPS and GEPS are similar.  No sign to me that winter is done.  Plenty of cold air available with storms around.gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_51.thumb.png.d38ed412254aaadbb3b39b69adb0ca84.png

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

there is really no reason to post any map that dosent show snow. If that was the case, we could be posting 100 plus maps a day. 

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Ensembles seem insistent that we do eventually get that glorious "broad bowl" gradient pattern/overrunning look that @Bob Chill keeps mentioning, but probably not until next weekend or after.  EPS and GEPS are similar.  No sign to me that winter is done.  Plenty of cold air available with storms around.gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_51.thumb.png.d38ed412254aaadbb3b39b69adb0ca84.png

I liked the long range look from a couple of days ago a little better with higher heights poking into Greenland. But I will take that as well. :)

The 84hr map on most of the models is a headache leading into Sunday.  Would take some pretty damn perfect timing to get the Southern Vort up here.  NS off the coast pressing heights, NS behind/over top compressing them.  Need better spacing for it all to work.  GFS still with the "closest look", then UKMET, then NAM, then EURO, then CMC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LP08 said:

The 84hr map on most of the models is a headache leading into Sunday.  Would take some pretty damn perfect timing to get the Southern Vort up here.  NS off the coast pressing heights, NS behind/over top compressing them.  Need better spacing for it all to work.  GFS still with the "closest look", then UKMET, then NAM, then EURO, then CMC.

Looks like we are gonna need some adjustments for next week.

1644667200-3SaQYlAPobA.png

• Haha 8

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic