Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

11 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I do like how we seem to have plenty of precip now to the left of the slp into the cold sector. The low doesn't need to be right along the coast....decent distance off the coast could actually work out for many of us if this is right. I remember when this first began getting modeled it was bone dry originally to the left of the low. Good signs all around last 18 hrs or so. 

I would think the stronger the low is, the sharper the cutoff will be.

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I would think the stronger the low is, the sharper the cutoff will be.

Yep. But its nice to see the 700mb level saturated west of the low as a function of the earlier development and explosive strengthening. Always a sharp cutoff somewhere but nice to see a more expansive shield showing up as it begins its deepening just S of the DelMarVa lat and not as it gets to Maine.

3 minutes ago, DCAlexandria said:

Weenie tagged for sure, the storm is 5-6 days out!

I'm not upset. Low landers get screwed over so much while us jackpot folks win during big coastal hugging events. Let them have a storm. We can get the fluff on the NW side with better temps, plus it's a weekend so we don't have to go anywhere.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Paleocene loves him some weenie reaction. Even when it’s not even warranted. Dude loves him some hot dogs. 

I maintain what I said a few months ago that the weenie emoji is a positive emoji. Not to mention all the discussion of members in this thread with respect to ensembles.

I weenie'd Eskimo Joe because he said "buried" and I-95 in the same sentence, and I'm on the imaginary line that would connect I-95 if it went diagonally through DC, soo...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

18 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm not upset. Low landers get screwed over so much while us jackpot folks win during big coastal hugging events. Let them have a storm. We can get the fluff on the NW side with better temps, plus it's a weekend so we don't have to go anywhere.

Also, NO? Been fringed enough this year. I am not passing on another one. Let's reel this in. The areas you are talking about have NOT been screwed this year. Share and share alike.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Stupid analysis time, but the NAM at 66 would lead to a better outcome. Stronger energy diving down at west, better trajectory, and better flow in front. It’s the NAM and it’s 66 hours. So my post is a literary version of dumb and dumber.

Whew, was waiting on somebody else.   Yes, NAM looks better than the GFS 84 vs 90 so far.   Vort (that tail) is less elongated/more easter

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Whew, was waiting on somebody else.   Yes, NAM looks better than the GFS 84 vs 90 so far.   Vort (that tail) is less elongated/more easter

I actually think it’s the timing on the gfs that’s hurts. That ns piece drops in too soon and instead of a clean phase it just rips the guts out of the piece in the sw. The NAM timing looks like it would have been better. 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic