Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

12 minutes ago, Ji said:
20 minutes ago, CAPE said:
It was just a general post and not directed at you lol. Just having a little fun with those that seem to think operational models have it figured out 6 days out. Like I said yesterday, we get NS energy phasing in sooner this could end up a rain/snow deal for the coast and better inland. Still plenty of time. The ultimate outcome is unknown.

Without 50 50 low and-nao....ive seen alot of east stuff trend west in our location...usually to screw us lol

Absolutely. I kinda like where this is on the means right now for my location, but it is still evolving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ravens94 said:

Looking at the ensembles 12z should really improve. Hopefully we can get a model lock like the last rainstorm we got today or tomorrow

The ensembles are not run using the same backend stuff as the GFSOP - not to mention they *can* but do not necessarily indicate a trend for future OP runs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The ensembles are not run using the same backend stuff as the GFSOP - not to mention they *can* but do not necessarily indicate a trend for future OP runs. 

I've seen most of the time if they make a change the OP tends to follow the trend. We shall see soon!

Still plenty of time to pull this thing further back west. Bernie Rayno had a Twitter live this morning where he was pretty confident about this being a hit. Whether it gets as far south as this sub is an open question. Could be NJ north or could come all the way down.

But he was very strong about this not being OTS.

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

That 06z GFS was a MASSIVE step in the right direction. If you go to pivotal and look at the model trend for the 2PVU Pressure, it is very close to what happened on that magical 18z Saturday run. The shifts are stark, there is no denying it. 

Can someone please explain the usefulness of the 2PVU maps?  I feel as if just recently I’ve noticed them referenced more on the boards.  Do you look at them as another way to view the vorticity, similar to looking at the h5 vorts?  

I was trying to read a little more here, but this appears to be a slightly different  topic.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/stratosphere/strat_int/

27 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Closer.

1643436000-U4sdUXQdMAc.png

I do like how we seem to have plenty of precip now to the left of the slp into the cold sector. The low doesn't need to be right along the coast....decent distance off the coast could actually work out for many of us if this is right. I remember when this first began getting modeled it was bone dry originally to the left of the low. Good signs all around last 18 hrs or so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I do like how we seem to have plenty of precip now to the left of the slp into the cold sector. The low doesn't need to be right along the coast....decent distance off the coast could actually work out for many of us if this is right. I remember when this first began getting modeled it was bone dry originally to the left of the low. Good signs all around last 18 hrs or so. 

While that would probably cut down on the snow totals IMBY, honestly it would be nice to see the entire sub not have to worry about mixing. Just steer that thing in a little bit more and wrap it up a little tighter... just enough to keep rain off the Delmarva and that would be ideal.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic