Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So GFS looks a bit better at 90  at h5.   Not jump out at you better, but you can def tell the flow out front is better

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Less elongated trough also

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Regardless if it works out or not, there are marked changes vs 18z..so, at least there's that 

Fwiw I think you’re really good at this. The last couple days every run you do PBP your posts are exactly what I’m thinking as I look at the run.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

were all trying to get our 18z blizzard back...we are the buffalo bills of this storm...feels like it was stolen from us

Nothing was stolen. They could have squib kicked it to waste time. Next they could have held all the receivers and got a 5 yard penalty that would essentially end of the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

i thought we might see a gulf low...instead it popped a weak low off the SC coast. Didnt the old Gfs used to do this..focus on the lead wave?

Yes but no idea if that’s a bias of tge fv3 based Gfs. I’ve not noticed that tendency anymore. And other guidance is all doing it too. I think the timing is still just a little off. Not 100% unworkable but we need some changes.  The stj wave being rather weak isn’t helping either. 

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

This is like Tom Brady telling the JV quarterback to keep up the good work.  

Don’t sell yourself short. Some pbp in here can be a cross between a 3 stooges episode and a Shakespeare tragedy. You’re have been measured and insightful and focused on what actually matters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic