• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

1 minute ago, JoshWeather said:

does anyone else have a fascination with undisturbed snow like I do?  Like I absolutely hate it when people walk through it and put foot prints and wheel marks in it.  The absolute beauty of untouched/undisturbed snow on the ground is unmatched.

This is normal. Had that syndrome when I was a kid. It passes. But a little bit of it lingers.

• Like 1

Just now, CntrTim85 said:

My wife yelled at me for clearing the driveway earlier! 

My snow shovel is in my storage unit in Chesapeake off Battlefield. I have no shovel. I was going to pick it up this morning after I took my dog to the vet but they canceled on me so I had no reason to get on the road.

27.2. Snow/fog. Lots of inches. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stormpc said:

Nice. Never listen to storm cancel  folks. 

I used to be one of those folks that would get upset and post my feelings whenever a storm didn't pan out, which is often in this area....but when you get to a certain age or maturity or experience...you realize that its going to happen...and to go into these systems realizing that it may not end up the way its being modeled.  

I appreciate this storm for multiple reasons.  For one, it overperformed as a whole, IMO.  For two...never had an issue with mixing...at all.  Began as snow, will end as snow.  Not often do you get that in this area.  Almost every system has some kind of mixing on the front end, back end, etc.  And last but not least, i really like the look of the mass of tiny flakes falling through the air.  The large flakes have a different beauty, but the wall of tiny flakes...i haven't seen that much...and I found it to be quite pretty.  Hope everyone enjoys tonight and tomorrow and stays safe.

• Like 5

Just now, NorthHillsWx said:

I wish I could park my house under this band for the rest of the winter. RIPPING

yeah, i was on the very northern tip of it, so not as strong as what you're going through and it was the heaviest snow of the night.  Really helped my totals.  I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys down that way add .75-1 inch in that band alone