• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

3 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If you’re complaining about anything in the Raleigh area, you need a new hobby. This is our best storm in years. Absolutely awesome out right now. Loving every second of it

This.  Plus the heavy stuff is progged for 10pm-2am

3 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If you’re complaining about anything in the Raleigh area, you need a new hobby. This is our best storm in years. Absolutely awesome out right now. Loving every second of it

We’re about 15 minutes north of North Hills off of Six Forks and it’s pretty much a flizzard.  Still beautiful but no accumulation.  Is it the same where you are?

A few flurries in Simpsonville (upstate SC near Greenville). Just a light dusting on cars and hard surfaces. That was more than I expected to see this evening. 

Hoping my daughter at USC in Columbia wakes up to a little snow on the ground tomorrow. She was so bummed out about missing the 6" of snow we had in our neighborhood last weekend.

9 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

We’re about 15 minutes north of North Hills off of Six Forks and it’s pretty much a flizzard.  Still beautiful but no accumulation.  Is it the same where you are?

That’s crazy. No clue on total but everything is completely covered now including grass and it’s small dry flake but coming down at a good rate and 24 degrees. Pretty awesome 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshWeather said:

road is white here in north durham.  I could see getting an inch or two out of this which I should be thankful for i guess.  Gonna need some heavier returns to reach that though

Radar doesn’t look so good. Rates are not heavy 

• Weenie 1

Been snowing light to moderate since around 5pm    but it took quite a while to get to freezing.(around 7).now its 30.7. A rather dry snow at that..getting close to an inch  but a lot was eaten up with those  above freezing temps. Its a shame to have another snow event with temps not below freezing for a good part of it. . It seems so wrong to see flakes wasted on cooling. 

That said getting any snow at all twice in a week, much less two accumulating ones,  is a for sure win in my book.. Radar shows another half hour or so (some of the heaviest of the entire evening is right now). So over 4.30 hours worth  for a storm all models showed none at all over multiple runs  isn't too bad.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Been snowing light to moderate since around 5pm    but it took quite a while to get to freezing.(around 7).now its 30.7. A rather dry snow at that..getting close to an inch  but a lot was eaten up with those  above freezing temps. Its a shame to have another snow event with temps not below freezing for a good part of it. . It seems so wrong to see flakes wasted on cooling. 

That said getting any snow at all twice in a week, much less two accumulating ones,  is a for sure win in my book.. Radar shows another half hour or so (some of the heaviest of the entire evening is right now). So over 4.30 hours worth  for a storm all models showed none at all over multiple runs  isn't too bad.  

Thanks, for the update. Didnt realize you were in Athens. Wondered what those returns were like over there.  Sounds like about the same here just north of Augusta hoping I have several more hours of it though.

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

At this rate it is going to be tough making the low end of the forecast amounts. We will build an inch evey 5 hours or so with the current growth.

PXL_20220122_021213411.jpg

Thing is will these heavier rates nw of Columbia hit or miss the Triangle to the east.Capture.PNG.61cc865f8ac26d22388727a3576a2c98.PNG