Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

Just now, 85snowline said:

Seriously?  

I’m not going to argue because we’re all happy to see the white stuff, but most stations are reporting light snow, occasionally moderate snow. Heavy snow or a white out is a very rare occasion. I’ve been in a few, particularly in the Rockies, and you can hardly tell which way is up. But enjoy! It’s certainly coming down nicely. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnowDeac said:

I’m not going to argue because we’re all happy to see the white stuff, but most stations are reporting light snow, occasionally moderate snow. Heavy snow or a white out is a very rare occasion. I’ve been in a few, particularly in the Rockies, and you can hardly tell which way is up. But enjoy! It’s certainly coming down nicely. 

No argument. Your post was pretty tacky. Ive been in whiteout storms as well.. Presidents day 2002 in Philly (23" snow)  ,Rochester, Portland Maine... 

• Weenie 2

Anyone else have the gut feeling that the honking on the globals next week about a monster may actually be, for once, fully legit? Like everyone else in NC, I grew up with my folks talking about the three Wednesday snows. And I was a HS kid in 2000 and it went juuuust like this in Central NC. A string of fun little light to moderate events and then Hiroshima right ahead of the pattern change as the instability of the shift spun up a beast.

Feels strikingly familiar.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Anyone else have the gut feeling that the honking on the globals next week about a monster may actually be, for once, fully legit. Like everyone else in NC, I grew up with my folks talking about the three Wednesday snows. And I was a HS kid in 2000 and it went juuuust like this in Central NC. A string of fun little light to moderate events and then Hiroshima right ahead of the pattern change.

Feels strikingly familiar.

You have a point. We do seem to be stuck in a pattern of storms every weekend. And we did have two minor events right before the 2000 Carolina Crusher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Nearly every model is showing the western snow shield starting to build back up around this time and drop a couple inches in CLT between now and 1 am. Hope they’re right and we can somehow squeeze out a decent little event here. 

Based on pics, and reports, CLT has already had a great event 

• Like 1