• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

5 minutes ago, jlh said:

Yep, its looking good. Starting to stick to the pavement up here in town.

Yes roads are caving quickly. Lose the daylight and we're in for a tricky commute. Meso's have upped the ante giving us 6-8 right along the coast. Courtesy of a little Atlantic influence. 

• Like 1

Lurker in Chapel Hill here.  Frustrated to see all the posts about snow just 30 or so miles east.  Should I have hope?  I know we’ll get something but feels like we’re gonna miss out on the bigger totals by a slim margin.

Just now, pcclt said:

Lurker in Chapel Hill here.  Frustrated to see all the posts about snow just 30 or so miles east.  Should I have hope?  I know we’ll get something but feels like we’re gonna miss out on the bigger totals by a slim margin.

join the club! haha, oh well, we'll get ours one day

2 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

join the club! haha, oh well, we'll get ours one day

I grew up in Cary and it always seemed like Durham/Chapel Hill would get a few inches more than Wake.  Now that I live in Orange County, it does the opposite.  Haha.

Just now, pcclt said:

I grew up in Cary and it always seemed like Durham/Chapel Hill would get a few inches more than Wake.  Now that I live in Orange County, it does the opposite.  Haha.

dont mean to turn this into the sanitarium, so this will be my last post on it in here...but man the last decade between being in durham and stallings i've been 15 miles away from snow it feels like.  Just too far south or just too far east, now just too far west.  Its wild...seems i'm the bad luck charm.  I just want a decent snow so my 4 year old can play in it.  2-3 inches would be good...hoping to still get that out of this one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcclt said:

The shoe is usually on the other foot as between us and Raleigh. Usually works out where the Triad had the big hit, we get something less but still a nice hit, and Raleigh gets blanked. Going to be a mirror image with this storm. We’ll do fine.  

• Like 1