Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

5 minutes ago, BigWeather said:

Very light snow in south Cary.

4 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Ok, I will check again and squint hard...

I see a few flurries in south Cary, the band is visible on RadarScope. 27F/19, wonder if I'll be able to clear the driveway with the leaf blower instead of the shovel tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Beach Snow said:

29F light snow Chesapeake, VA (SE VA) 4 hours ahead of the 18Z NAM and HRR model suites…. Could surprise us all

Yeah looks like it's starting to fill in in south Chesapeake/VB. Hopefully that's a good sign. I am worried the Norfolk might be on the NW edge of the heaviest accumulations as this thing ramps up.

6 minutes ago, chris624wx said:

Yeah looks like it's starting to fill in in south Chesapeake/VB. Hopefully that's a good sign. I am worried the Norfolk might be on the NW edge of the heaviest accumulations as this thing ramps up.

Agree, was worried about that here in Chesapeake. Short range keep expanding precip west but at the same time its cutting QPF each run

9 minutes ago, chris624wx said:

Ratios may mitigate the dwindling qpf on the NW side of the shield. Possible banding too. We'll see. 27 and -sn in Currituck.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris624wx said:

VERY light snow/sleet falling now near downtown Norfolk. Moisten that column! 

That's how it began here in Moyock (Just south of Chesapeake) Took about 45 minutes before it transitioned to something worth mentioning.