• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

GSP radar showing small streak of moisture now in N Rutherford county. Trajectory aimed along the escarpment as depicted by many of the models. This looks to be the front edge of moisture currently causing flurries in SW NC mountain zones. The return is pretty close to the radar site but doubt it’s reaching the ground at that elevation. Any obs out that way?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WSchew said:

GSP radar showing small streak of moisture now in N Rutherford county. Trajectory aimed along the escarpment as depicted by many of the models. This looks to be the front edge of moisture currently causing flurries in SW NC mountain zones. The return is pretty close to the radar site but doubt it’s reaching the ground at that elevation. Any obs out that way?

It's definitely reaching the ground just north of Rutherfordton at RS Central High School.  Decent flurry, almost a light snow shower.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Heels98 said:

It's definitely reaching the ground just north of Rutherfordton at RS Central High School.  Decent flurry, almost a light snow shower.

Spoke to my bother and he said made it on the ground at Chimney rock and rumbling bald. If anything it can moisten up things around here. 

• Like 1

Still 28°F in North Hills (Raleigh). Good bit of wind. Bone chilling cold out there honestly. I see the snow is supposed to start right around rush hour...hopefully people can leave early/staggered so we don't have another bad traffic situation. I worked from home today luckily but others not so much I am sure...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CntrTim85 said:

Thanks! Going down S Mills Rd at 5 a.m. this morning was nuts. The Edenton bridge was a sheet of ice with a pretty bad accident. Had to drive backwards back down the bridge to go east and catch 32. Pitch black icy 3.5 mile trip over the Albemarle two lane bridge with 4 kids in the car. My hands were sweating! 

Aww man, that's no good! White knuckle for sure! Glad you got through that without issue

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

This place dies right before and during storms. Seems like more are here for the chase than the goods.

People just waiting for the event to hit their backyard at this point. It'll busy up this evening once the metros start getting in on the action

1 minute ago, StantonParkHoya said:

This place dies right before and during storms. Seems like more are here for the chase than the goods.

I imagine most of us are spending as much time now watching radars and weather station statuses, and looking out the window.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCSU_Pi said:

I imagine most of us are spending as much time now watching radars and weather station statuses, and looking out the window.

This is me.  This storm has been discussed to death over the last week to be honest.  Now its just wait and see mode.  If there were any "goods" to discuss, we would be

• Like 1