• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

12 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

yea, i've had a rain/mist/sleet mix in north durham for the last hour or so.  

Ye that's why I'm surprised to see people say North Hills is getting snow I'm like ??? I'm literally looking at The Walter tower and there's hasn't been a single snowflake, just rain and a bit of sleet

7 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

Ye that's why I'm surprised to see people say North Hills is getting snow I'm like ??? I'm literally looking at The Walter tower and there's hasn't been a single snowflake, just rain and a bit of sleet

I can confirm that it only snowed with the high returns. Actually good sized flakes too. We’re back to mostly sleet with a few mangled flakes. Wish we had real precip 

• Like 1

Just drove from North Hills (Raleigh) up to Wake Forest.  Temperature in the car ranged from 33 to 32.  Snow began at Six Forks and 540 around 9ish then changed over to sleet/mix on the way up. Then in Wake Forest around 9:30pm they had some pretty decent snow coming down.  On the way back it changed back over to a sleet mix around the Six Forks 540 area and is pretty much sleet/mist/snow mix here in North Hills again.  

2 minutes ago, Cyric297 said:

Just drove from North Hills (Raleigh) up to Wake Forest.  Temperature in the car ranged from 33 to 32.  Snow began at Six Forks and 540 around 9ish then changed over to sleet/mix on the way up. Then in Wake Forest around 9:30pm they had some pretty decent snow coming down.  On the way back it changed back over to a sleet mix around the Six Forks 540 area and is pretty much sleet/mist/snow mix here in North Hills again.  

Literally depends on your returns overhead. We’re cooled enough for all snow but not getting the saturation needed at height for flakes to form

Just now, NorthHillsWx said:

Literally depends on your returns overhead. We’re cooled enough for all snow but not getting the saturation needed at height for flakes to form

Yeah.  It actually just became much closer to more snow/sleet mix just now.  Elevated surfaces are starting to get a layer of ice.

• Like 1