• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Annual Countdown to May 1 Thread ©

weatherwiz

Well folks with winter (as in the actual definition of winter) quickly on the downward trend it's now time to gear towards the upcoming summer and more importantly, severe weather season. We really only have 3-full months left before we get to May 1 and the kickoff of severe season. The last few years have been quite intriguing as we've haven't had very active seasons...during the summer. But we have had several fall events, including several fall tornado-producing events. These seem to become more of a trend. Anyways, as winter heads towards the rear view mirror we now look ahead to severe weather season!!!!! With this let's let the countdown begin

101-days to go!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I honestly think a high risk is impossible in New England with the current criteria. It would probably take an ongoing derecho.

I agree with that. I don’t think we could see a high risk here either…unless it was exactly like you said….a derecho plowing through and one of those that lasts from like the upper-Midwest into Canada then comes across parts of NY/PA through New England 

39 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I agree with that. I don’t think we could see a high risk here either…unless it was exactly like you said….a derecho plowing through and one of those that lasts from like the upper-Midwest into Canada then comes across parts of NY/PA through New England 

I'm not sure if this technically touched New England, but we got pretty close in '98.

Day1may3198.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I honestly think a high risk is impossible in New England with the current criteria. It would probably take an ongoing derecho.

Even the 60% and hatched for wind makes it really tough. 

And tornadoes, forget about it.

month_all_p_1.C.13_level_TORNADO.0.30_t_

That's 15 years worth of 30% tornado probabilities. The only way one of those contours gets introduced in New England will be if SPC gets hyperlocal on their outlooks.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That's 15 years worth of 30% tornado probabilities. The only way one of those contours gets introduced in New England will be if SPC gets hyperlocal on their outlooks.

Getting into a moderate or high risk is just exciting for some reason but at the end of the day damage is damage 

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Right. Which is why I made the comment of I think its probably impossible, but maybe an ongoing derecho....

KLRF 120120Z 18011G21KT 110V250 10SM +FC 1SM DUE N BKN041 BKN060 OVC100 22/17 A2973 RMK RAE0056DZB0056E19 TSE06TSB14 PRESRR SLP069

KLRF 120126Z COR 23023G32KT 9SM +FC +TSRAGR FEW002 FEW027 SCT036 BKN043 OVC060 22/17 A2975 RMK TORNADO B26 N MOVE NE RAE0056DZB0056E19 TSE06TSB14E20TSB21 GR 3/4 SLP075 COR 0233

• Like 1