Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24th Clipper Trio

Chicago Storm

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

Some weaken. Some don't. Always been that way. Can definitely name multiple events the last 4 years that didn't weaken lol. 

Again I'm talking the more legitimate events. Sure maybe a few clippers that were forecasted to be dusters, may have dropped 2-3, but the bigger potentials have all been weakening turds by the time they get to dtw. I miss the nw trend days and cant believe im saying this but the sleet that came with it. Atleast those events have some fun days of tracking, and legitimate snow somewhere in the region. The lack of organized snowstorms in the whole region the past 4-5 winters has been hard to believe.

58 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Yea i dont buy any of that. Nobody got more than 2-4 yesterday. Maybe a isolated 5 in the higher oakland terrain.

You’re an idiot 

is this your first day tracking weather? Have you not figured out how clippers work. There’s always an isolated area that always over achieves. It’s called banding. All you do is come in here and troll Josh all day. Get out of your little Clinton Township bubble and come north a little bit and see for yourself. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 storms the last 5 years have dropped 4+ at DTW, including 4 over 9". Yup. No organized systems in 5 years. 

Also, snow depths last Feb reached 21" in Chicago, 18" in Toledo, and 14" in Detroit. Impressive with no organized systems.

Nov. 27/28, 2021: 4.3"

Feb 15/16, 2021: 10.4"

Feb 4, 2021: 4.1"

Jan 18, 2020: 6.8"

Feb 25/26, 2020: 5.5"

Nov 11/12, 2019: 9.2"

Jan 19, 2019: 5.8"

Mar 1, 2018: 5.0"

Feb 9, 2018: 9.2"

Feb 6/7, 2018: 4.2"

Feb 4/5, 2018: 5.3"

Dec 24/25, 2017: 5.4"

Dec 13/14, 2017: 6.5"

Dec 11/12, 2017: 4.0"

Mar 13, 2017: 5.3"

Jan 30/31, 2017: 4.6"

Dec 11/12, 2017: 10.7"

17 storms the last 5 years have dropped 4+ at DTW, including 4 over 9". Yup. No organized systems in 5 years. 

Also, snow depths last Feb reached 21" in Chicago, 18" in Toledo, and 14" in Detroit. Impressive with no organized systems.

Nov. 27/28, 2021: 4.3"
Feb 15/16, 2021: 10.4"
Feb 4, 2021: 4.1"
Jan 18, 2020: 6.8"
Feb 25/26, 2020: 5.5"
Nov 11/12, 2019: 9.2"
Jan 19, 2019: 5.8"
Mar 1, 2018: 5.0"
Feb 9, 2018: 9.2"
Feb 6/7, 2018: 4.2"
Feb 4/5, 2018: 5.3"
Dec 24/25, 2017: 5.4"
Dec 13/14, 2017: 6.5"
Dec 11/12, 2017: 4.0"
Mar 13, 2017: 5.3"
Jan 30/31, 2017: 4.6"
Dec 11/12, 2017: 10.7"

I’m not even going to take the time to make the list for Chicago, as it’s lengthy as well.

41 minutes ago, dmc76 said:

You’re an idiot 

is this your first day tracking weather? Have you not figured out how clippers work. There’s always an isolated area that always over achieves. It’s called banding. All you do is come in here and troll Josh all day. Get out of your little Clinton Township bubble and come north a little bit and see for yourself. 

Im actually a florida snowbird now. Perhaps getting out of that shitty climate once in awhile will make you a happier person. Nobody saw over 5 in yesterdays clipper, let alone 6-7 as you said. Just calling it like i see it. Nobody calls out joshs turd polishing so i do it. If he did it less i wouldnt need to troll him so often. Same with joes bullying. I wasnt up north last year so perhaps I missed this big dog alek is talking about, but my guess was it for the chicago region and it weakened as it approached dtw. Just the way it is mostly as dtw is often stuck in the transfer energy to the east coast zone. Other than that, nobody can deny the trend for storms to weaken as they head east the past 3-4 winters. Havent had a ghd type, nw trender is awhile. Not sure why I need to take a seat for calling it like i see it. Anyhoo y'all enjoy your useless cold and dry.

So last 5 years, dtw is averaging less than 1 storm a yr that drops 9". Thats terrible. Thats gotta be below almost all other areas in the region.

10 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Im actually a florida snowbird now. Perhaps getting out of that shitty climate once in awhile will make you a happier person. Nobody saw over 5 in yesterdays clipper, let alone 6-7 as you said. Just calling it like i see it. Nobody calls out joshs turd polishing so i do it. If he did it less i wouldnt need to troll him so often. Same with joes bullying. I wasnt up north last year so perhaps I missed this big dog alek is talking about, but my guess was it for the chicago region and it weakened as it approached dtw. Just the way it is mostly as dtw is often stuck in the transfer energy to the east coast zone. Other than that, nobody can deny the trend for storms to weaken as they head east the past 3-4 winters. Havent had a ghd type, nw trender is awhile. Not sure why I need to take a seat for calling it like i see it. Anyhoo y'all enjoy your useless cold and dry.

So last 5 years, dtw is averaging less than 1 storm a yr that drops 9". Thats terrible. Thats gotta be below almost all other areas in the region.

You’re ridiculous 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Im actually a florida snowbird now. Perhaps getting out of that shitty climate once in awhile will make you a happier person. Nobody saw over 5 in yesterdays clipper, let alone 6-7 as you said. Just calling it like i see it. Nobody calls out joshs turd polishing so i do it. If he did it less i wouldnt need to troll him so often. Same with joes bullying. I wasnt up north last year so perhaps I missed this big dog alek is talking about, but my guess was it for the chicago region and it weakened as it approached dtw. Just the way it is mostly as dtw is often stuck in the transfer energy to the east coast zone. Other than that, nobody can deny the trend for storms to weaken as they head east the past 3-4 winters. Havent had a ghd type, nw trender is awhile. Not sure why I need to take a seat for calling it like i see it. Anyhoo y'all enjoy your useless cold and dry.

This is the happy you?  Yikes.

• Haha 2

look who cares now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Actually you're obsessed with saying I polish turds even if I don't say a word. You just seem to not believe the fact that some people can like winter the season without obsessing over rates or a storm total amount. And actually, dtw had a bigger storm last winter than ord. It's amazing that people that simply discuss the weather or post stats are turd polishing or bullying, but you just spout off baseless junk with nothing to back it up, apparently no knowledge of how weather/climate works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo6899 said:

terrible bait 0/10

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Brian D said:

In looking at the above charts, it kinda looks like we are experiencing weather patterns of 100 + yrs ago. Interesting.

Thanks for those charts. The mid 20th century was terrible for snowfall in this area. If 1930s through 1950s Winter's happened today, I shudder at the thought of every single event being attributed to global warming. There were a few good ice storms and of course the occasional good bout of snow, but as a whole that was one depressing 30 years stretch for snow lovers.

• Like 1