Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24th Clipper Trio

Chicago Storm

39 minutes ago, featherwx said:

Right on the fringe of the LES band down here in Hyde Park. Occasional heavy bursts and then just flurries—really wish I was a few miles further south but grateful to be getting a little extra on top of the main event.

decidedly not whiteout but looked good out there on the south side

Lady in front of me managed to lose control of her 4wd Mercedes SUV on a completely straight road. Changed lanes and tried to slow down, but she ended up slamming into me anyway. She managed to damage only the already dinged parts of my beater so this was probably about the most convenient car crash possible. 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Lady in front of me managed to lose control of her 4wd Mercedes SUV on a completely straight road. Changed lanes and tried to slow down, but she ended up slamming into me anyway. She managed to damage only the already dinged parts of my beater so this was probably about the most convenient car crash possible. 

As long as you all are OK. 4wd means nothing if there is any ice on the pavement. Was she even using it?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Brian D said:

As long as you all are OK. 4wd means nothing if there is any ice on the pavement. Was she even using it?

That's very true, but there didn't seem to be anything odd about the patch of road that she started braking in. I was like a hundred feet behind her and didn't change over until it was clear she was losing control so I figure I would've seen if something extra dangerous was up. She hardly even spoke English at all so I actually haven't the foggiest what happened. We exchanged information, fist bumped, and went our seperate ways. 

47 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Glad you're ok.  A few years ago in Indpls I slid on ice into 3 stopped cars that had already bumped into each other.  No injuries but a $4000 insurance repair bill for my right front headlight area.

• Like 1