Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24th Clipper Trio

Chicago Storm

20 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Uncanny how every system dies on approach

I'm not seeing this. Only difference I'd say is the 2nd wave looks to produce better than then the 3rd wave which appears to be targeting Wisky more. All said, a 2"-4" fluffer with 3 separate waves is still modeled. Crosses fingers and hopes last wave slows down a touch, takes a more south track and hooks up with the southern stream. Pipe dream, I know, but it's all we have.

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Jan 22-24th Clipper Trio

Northern IL/Chicago metro centric

Wave 1: DAB, slight concern for freezing drizzle mixed with light snow/flurries after the initial fast moving snow band.

Wave 2: Looks good with a currently favorable track for most except perhaps far northeast IL. Also favorable is the very deep DGZ with the moderate omega well aligned. Should be a fluffy, high ratio snow except on far northern fringe.

Narrow enhanced f-gen band could put down a corridor of 3-4", outside shot at 4-5" if rates really max out and ratios are over 20:1. The main limiting factor is duration with only about 6 hours of solid snow to work with.

Wave 3: Track has ticked south a bit, but still too far north for more than 2-3, maybe 4 hours of snow in the warm advection wing of the clipper. Any farther south we can get the track the better. Not uncommon to have brief heavy rates in these setups due to strong isentropic ascent from the warm advection and steep mid-upper level lapse rates.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Dusting that got blown all over. Any official measurement will be from snow that blew in on the board. :D There is a little more headed this way to bring the count up a little more, tho.

Same story here, blew through quick and with wind. I’d guess half an inch of actual accumulation but in some places the sidewalk is bare and other spots have 3”