• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rain to Snow obs for January 20th winter event

ChescoWx

Have had light rain most of the night here in East Nantmeal with 0.14" so far on the VP and 0.16" on the Tempest. The winds have turned from SSW to North over the past 30 minutes and I am just starting to see a few mangled flakes mixing in with the light rain. The temp has slowly started to fall and we are now down to 34.8

4 minutes ago, WebBreaker63 said:

37F 

Rain -> Snow line is slowly approaching Lower Bucks

FYSA - Weather Underground is calling for 3-5" this morning and NWS still up to 2"

Not seeing many reports at all of snow reaching the ground...I have seen a couple mangled flakes now and then......thinking this is pretty much a non-event.....but we watch

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Not seeing many reports at all of snow reaching the ground...I have seen a couple mangled flakes now and then......thinking this is pretty much a non-event.....but we watch

Jeez, if you aren’t even changed over yet, than the NAM/Rgem were even too cold. Might be only a trace for most. 

12 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Meh - yeah, if I saw something would have stayed back from work, rain is not a reason.

Good Day All

• Weenie 1

Forgot there would probably be an event obs thread.  Here is what I posted in the regular obs thread -

Looks like my "high" of 44 will have occurred at midnight and I am currently at 38 with dp 37 and some light rain.  Currently have 0.25" in the bucket.

Actually had a "low" of 37 just before 6 am so will see how this little temp roller coaster goes before the main front comes through.

radar14-01202022.png

Temperatures at Reading and Pottstown have actually risen two degrees in the last hour to 38 at Reading well after the snow was to supposed to start.  There was no mention of rain in the NWS forecast and many two hour delays and virtual school days around here.

I don’t see anything sticking on roads even if/when it does change over.  Next!…

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

38.9 at 0430 while walking my dog along barnegat bay.  Up to 42.6 now.  Still dry, but rain approaching.   I was hoping it would wash the brine off the roads, but they just sent out hundreds of brine trucks spraying the roads before the rain even starts.  (Use it or lose it philosophy)