Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I hate the stuff. Especially not good on concrete. The effects can be damaging depending on the age, quality.

It can really mess with the composition of most many concrete mixtures. Pock holes can take months to appear. Not good on your shoes, floors, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Pass through Moyock on my way to OBX every summer. Enjoy the storm!

Yes there's really nothing to it but a few traffic lights and one Shopping Center. The population has overgrown the infrastructure and limited Retail. I'm 13 miles south of the State Line near the government center. Just about 5 minutes from Morris Farms which I'm sure you are familiar with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Yes there's really nothing to it but a few traffic lights and one Shopping Center. The population has overgrown the infrastructure and limited Retail. I'm 13 miles south of the State Line near the government center. Just about 5 minutes from Morris Farms which I'm sure you are familiar with.

Yep, very familiar.  I noticed a lot of new construction signs this past summer driving down through the area. We usually stop at Grandy on the way which is a bit further down. 

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Yep, very familiar.  I noticed a lot of new construction signs this past summer driving down through the area. We usually stop at Grandy on the way which is a bit further down. 

Yes. It's exploding, unfortunately.  Left NOVA for a slower existence.  Probably leaving here in 5-7 years. But it's still great living. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Hunkered down in Ocean City ready for whatever may swing this way tonight.  Whatever falls will be snow on snow, arrived to a solid beach area snowcover of 1"+.

Must have done pretty well with the anafrontal deal yesterday. Barely a coating here but the radar looked better down that way. Hopefully you see an inch or 2 at least. Snow at the beach is pretty cool.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Must have done pretty well with the anafrontal deal yesterday. Barely a coating here but the radar looked better down that way. Hopefully you see an inch or 2 at least. Snow at the beach is pretty cool.

Yeah from Salisbury to OC and points south got about 1-2 inches of snow with that front yesterday. More tonight! :) 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic