Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

Sometimes I read comments like this and realize I’m not as crazy about snow as some of you lol. My wife and I have never had this conversation and I wouldn’t drive to chase a snowstorm. Still love tracking them. Wish more would just happen over my house because they are fun. 

We’ve made a day or weekend of it. We like to do road trips and if there’s snow, all the better.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

My fiancée has agreed to one very last minute trip per winter chasing a snowstorm. :D  Probably will go to W. MD or WVA later in the season though 

Yeah we just did one to Deep Creek and made a trip out of it Saturday-Wednesday. It was one for the books, almost 20" and true blizzard whiteout conditions at times. Awesome event. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Sometimes I read comments like this and realize I’m not as crazy about snow as some of you lol. My wife and I have never had this conversation and I wouldn’t drive to chase a snowstorm. Still love tracking them. Wish more would just happen over my house because they are fun. 

I only chase snow west, to ski the pow when it hits.  I drove out to Canaan the day before the big storm in 2016 and had three crazy days of waist deep powder to ski.  Generally I will head out there any time there is more than a foot forecast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MacChump said:

there would have to be more snow than physics probably allows to make me want to chase to salisbury

edit: no offense

lol Salisbury isn't so bad. But I'm biased from going to school there, meeting my husband there, and my sister/BIL living there. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yeah we just did one to Deep Creek and made a trip out of it Saturday-Wednesday. It was one for the books, almost 20" and true blizzard whiteout conditions at times. Awesome event. 

What's cold without snow? To sit and watch it snow in front of a fireplace with hot chocolate and going out to do a jebwalk or sledding, skiing, etc. Then coming back in and warming up by the fire again. Can't beat it. Cold and dry or cold and wet is a rather boring way to experience winter. Last weekend was my first chase ever. And my wife who loves the Sun and warm weather was gracious enough to entertain my snow pursuits. lol 

I mean…. We’ve got what? 4 or so major suites (18z, 0z, 6z, 12z, and so on) left between now and storm time? I’m definitely not discounting I-95 east from seeing some snow if this bad boy keeps trending NW and better at 500. Cape may end up with 2-4”+ by the time this sucker hits at this rate  

4 hours ago, weathercoins said:

My fiancée has agreed to one very last minute trip per winter chasing a snowstorm. :D  Probably will go to W. MD or WVA later in the season though 

That’s a keeper! My fiancée (now wife) has no interest whatsoever in wx but was my partner on (my) our Midwest storm chase last spring. I paid for travel and treated her to whatever food she wanted each night. She drove. Doesn’t sound like a lot, but it was like 5,000 miles.

Teamwork makes the dream work lol.

• Like 7

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic