Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

5 minutes ago, SoCoSailer said:

Verbatim the 12k NAM is a 36 hour storm for SE Virginia. There’s going to be a narrow stripe for someone to get crushed

Unbelievable. I feel like SE VA has done quite well over the last 10 years with a couple blizzard warnings mixed in, as well. I got 17 inches down there in Chesapeake during the storm that shall not be named. Anything over 12" in that area is rare but I think this one might reach that level. 

• Like 4

I didn't like the setup at all for the big euro solutions but I still felt pretty strongly that a weak shortwave would attack from the WSW. About out of time to flip to a chance at 3-6. Northern stream is tricky here. You can't rule things out too early and you can't have confidence in any decent sized storm. OTOH, if my yard gets 1" or more tomorrow then it's 4-4. Hot streaks have limits. Lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Chincoteague or Cape Charles are the places to be for this. Cape Charles brewing is one of the best breweries I've ever been to. Beer and snow, what more do you need?

Cape Charles is awesome!

One of our rescue cats is named Charley, after finding him nearby at Cherrystone.  He's 4 now and is as bad as the dogs doing dog things!

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, this one is over yall.  I'm call time of death at 11:14am. Thread unpinned.    Stormtracker..out.

Goodnight.  And Good luck my weather family.  <play outro, Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You>

Eh...still a threat for parts of our subforum.  I think it should stay pinned.

• Like 2

Unbelievable. I feel like SE VA has done quite well over the last 10 years with a couple blizzard warnings mixed in, as well. I got 17 inches down there in Chesapeake during the storm that shall not be named. Anything over 12" in that area is rare but I think this one might reach that level. 

might run to Cape Charles

I’m not gonna lie, the SE portion of the sub is still well into the game, but areas west of a Richmond/Cambridge/Rehoboth line are down 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Not totally out of it, but the 5H pattern needs some major shifts to get any appreciable precip up to 95. 

I would still keep an eye on it! Hampton roads area is certainly in the prime spot. My map from yesterday will need some adjusting :unsure:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m not gonna lie, the SE portion of the sub is still well into the game, but areas west of a Richmond/Cambridge/Rehoboth line are down 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Not totally out of it, but the 5H pattern needs some major shifts to get any appreciable precip up to 95. 

I would still keep an eye on it! Hampton roads area is certainly in the prime spot. My map from yesterday will need some adjusting :unsure:

where my sister lives...minutes from sandbridge.  my brother in law is from york, pa and doesn't talk much about snow, but he gets hyped once the storm arrives lol.

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic