Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I hope we can get back to the days when this janky ass board starts to collapse because of all the people on due to big hits on the models.   Ah, the good ol' days.  

Not to get off topic but I think it is sad that we are seeing such a decline in message board usage. I am active on a few different boards. And all of them seem to be dying off unfortunately. At least this one has managed to hang on to a lot of the regulars that have been here since Eastern. 

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, Katie.  But, also, it's kinda hilarious that the moment I move up to the Hereford Zone we hit a succession of variance to the immediate south. 

Hey listen, at least your elevation will eventually help you...unlike down here where I'm kinda screwed on southern sliders and screwed on events with p-type issues! I mean the 2" here and 6.8" and BWI on Jan 3rd was a rather painful example of that...

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

FWIW, I don't blame you at all. Sometimes we win some, sometimes we don't. :) 

And when the wavelengths shorten...you all win more!

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not to get off topic but I think it is sad that we are seeing such a decline in message board usage. I am active on a few different boards. And all of them seem to be dying off unfortunately. At least this one has managed to hang on to a lot of the regulars that have been here since Eastern. 

I think we were discussing that last month and how message boards in general are a dying breed.  Now it's social media which sucks.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, it's a Nina, northern stream dominant, no stable block, and also January. A big storm will have a lot to overcome until Feb imho. Not being satisfied with THIS January is ridiculous. 

To be fair, it kinda depends on your exact location. I’m not saying it has been terrible, but given they hype and the close calls, my location has felt like a disappointment so far. If you live in parts of Virginia or the Eastern Shore, it’s been pretty awesome and might be about to be one of their best winters in recent memory if they hit it big on this one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I hope the models are just too slow with that vort.  Window starting to close 

It's so frustrating. Like you said earlier, it's one step forward...but I'm thinking one step back. It's not getting worse (except the Euro) - it just refuses to get better. Why can't we get this thing to run NNW from 75miles off Hatteras?  Did it before, so it should do it again. Right? It's the least we deserve.

11 minutes ago, DCAlexandria said:

Am I dreaming or did we not really get models showing big snow on 1/3 until 2-3 days out?

You’re not dreaming. Still well within range to see enough of shift north to see advisory / low end warning snowfall in the metro corridor and points ESE. Some models already showing it, although it would be nice to see an appreciable trend begin at 18z or 0z tonight Writing the storm off this early when models are still all over the place with the 500mb setup is silly   

Give me a bob chill 3-6 type event with temps in the upper teens and 20s and I’m happy as can be. This is just after the mid point in January in the mid Atlantic and we’re talking about events #4 and 5 hitting by the end of this week. People Complaining about that is ridiculous, I’m sorry 

The need for some to see a MECS or HECS potential with every coastal is honestly pretty annoying. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • stormtracker pinned this topic