• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS-NOWCAST for potential significant 6 hour Thursday morning (1/20/22) commute impact general 1-3" snowfall.

wdrag

52 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Well after 30 min of light snow, it's just starting to stick on colder surfaces, so accumulations should now commence, as it's 33F, although at this rate an inch would probably be the best I could hope for, unless rates jump up.  

Rates have been too light the last 45 minutes to accumulate with 33-34F temps, so we've lost a good 1-2 hours of snow to rain and then melting vs. the forecast, so I'd be surprised to see many get more than 1".  Snowfall rate just picked up in the last few minutes though - it's now or never...

19 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Rates have been too light the last 45 minutes to accumulate with 33-34F temps, so we've lost a good 1-2 hours of snow to rain and then melting vs. the forecast, so I'd be surprised to see many get more than 1".  Snowfall rate just picked up in the last few minutes though - it's now or never...

We now officially have a dusting, lol...

Temps did drop quickly, though - down to 32F, so we have a chance at getting some accumulation now.

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

32 and snowing snow, colder surfaces white, but the snow intensity has lightened up. Maybe we see an inch?

I’d be shocked if we see an inch, definitely not here in the tropics! Absolutely nothing sticking by me and the back edge is probably 2 hours away. Lost too much to rain unfortunately 

19 minutes ago, psv88 said:

32 and snowing snow, colder surfaces white, but the snow intensity has lightened up. Maybe we see an inch?

Coming down at a decent clip and radar looks okay for the next hour or so. We did waste precip as rain and temps near 40 and it seems like the precip in general is lighter than thought a couple days ago so hopefully we walk away with 1-2. It’ll freeze solid on whatever does get accums. 

26 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

We now officially have a dusting, lol...

Temps did drop quickly, though - down to 32F, so we have a chance at getting some accumulation now.

As of 10 am, 3/16" OTG (yes, a very careful measurement, lol) and moderate snowfall at 32F; snow accumulating on all surfaces