• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

are you really 30???? Forecast was for upper 30's I'm 39 just a few miles away.. 

Edit : just checked the ops in your area everyone is around 39-41 but there are 3 random stations reporting 30... That's so weird are you in a radiational cooling spot?

Tucked in nicely with hills to the West/North/East....the second the sun goes over the 700ish ft hill, the temp drops like a rock....It also helps that our soil is pretty much all sand, definitely radiates like crazy. I was out collecting firewood with the kids at sunset and noticed all of our puddles were already beginning to freeze. We topped out at 45.5 today and was back down below freezing by 6:30.

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

His spot is in a nice cold pocket surrounded by higher hills from the photos over the past year or two.  It makes a big difference.  Once it really clouds up and starts to precipitate, it'll all even out.  The cold spots will rise and the warm spots will cool off.

The clouds started to roll in so the temp has stabilized at 30.6/26, but yet to creep up. Typically we need some wind to help mix down the warmer air just above the surface. OKX is not too far away and we are at times 15 degrees cooler than they are....

Talked about it in classes a few times but the term "flash freeze" is definitely used way too much around these parts. It's difficult to get a true flash freeze around here. We think our temperature drops with Arctic fronts are wild but they are nothing compared to what happens in other areas of the country...particularly from the Inter-mountain West just east of the Rockies through the Plains and into the upper-Midwest. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You got it running?  New carb or was a cleaning enough?

I did… I actually cheated a bit. I would have had to take half the damn thing off to take the carb off… so I just took off the bowl and sprayed a crap ton of carb cleaner up into it… ran it, did it again… im thinking a combination of the stabil gas cleaner and the carb cleaner worked the gunk out.. running fine now.

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

well you were super close, technically not 100% correct but ill give you a consolation prize of $1, but good effort, try again next time

It is: South of 84, North of 95, Interior Southwest CT, Away From Coast

Ahh that’s super close…in is pretty dam close to interior.  I think the judges would give it to me lol. 

I did… I actually cheated a bit. I would have had to take half the damn thing off to take the carb off… so I just took off the bowl and sprayed a crap ton of carb cleaner up into it… ran it, did it again… im thinking a combination of the stabil gas cleaner and the carb cleaner worked the gunk out.. running fine now.
Should be all set for winter 2022-2023

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Make sure you use non-ethanol gas. Ethanol really messes up small engines. 

• Like 1