• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

17 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

30/25 right now, at least it looks like we won't waste any to rainfall around here, but who knows.....hoping for an inch at least

are you really 30???? Forecast was for upper 30's I'm 39 just a few miles away.. 

Edit : just checked the ops in your area everyone is around 39-41 but there are 3 random stations reporting 30... That's so weird are you in a radiational cooling spot?

I’m not sure if it’s that bad honestly. Temps sort of gently drop. A flash freeze is like temps above 32 dropping to 20s in like a half hour or less. I don’t see this as a flash freeze. As long as crews are out there, it doesn’t seem like anything out of the ordinary. Taking an hour or two to go from 34 to  28 is manageable.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not sure if it’s that bad honestly. Temps sort of gently drop. A flash freeze is like temps above 32 dropping to 20s in like a half hour or less. I don’t see this as a flash freeze. As long as crews are out there, it doesn’t seem like anything out of the ordinary. Taking an hour or two to go from 34 to  28 is manageable.

what do you consider a flash freeze with snow falling? Like 10 degrees plus in an hour?

10 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

are you really 30???? Forecast was for upper 30's I'm 39 just a few miles away.. 

Edit : just checked the ops in your area everyone is around 39-41 but there are 3 random stations reporting 30... That's so weird are you in a radiational cooling spot?

His spot is in a nice cold pocket surrounded by higher hills from the photos over the past year or two.  It makes a big difference.  Once it really clouds up and starts to precipitate, it'll all even out.  The cold spots will rise and the warm spots will cool off.

• Thanks 1