• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 Mets 3 opinions. Just need Debbie Downer Ryan for the perfecta

Ya man, some of these folks just have no appreciation for anything but 12-18”ers. 2-4” is a nice lil event. Keep adding it up.  

Would be nice to get one real biggy, but if not, bring the small and moderate events often.

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

NAM and 3km have definitely shifted well south with the goods, after the nice 12z and 18z runs, however it seems to spread the 1-2" accumulations farther north.. HRRR seems to be on amped island by itself.. 

it was right 10 days ago when we were forecast for 3”, and we got 9” plus. So maybe it sees something again? 

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The little bit of ice two weeks ago shut down roads. We laugh at the south but we’re no better.

We used to do better with two wheel drive and snow tires. I see tons of expensive all wheel drive cars stuck because they can't be bothered to buy true winter tires. Someone tells them they have all season tires and think they're good. All seasons for the most part are a joke in true winter weather

One thing to really watch too is some of the 6z bufkit soundings actually indicated a very brief period where there's actually some pretty decent lift getting into the DGZ. Despite the initially warmer temperatures, we cool off substantially rather quickly (especially above the sfc). Ratios could really help out with pushing towards the higher spectrum of 3-4''. If precip can hang up a bit someone towards the coast (but inland from the immediate shoreline) may be able to snag 4'' for sure. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

it was right 10 days ago when we were forecast for 3”, and we got 9” plus. So maybe it sees something again? 

I'm definitely not throwing it out, maybe weight it 50% and the rest of the hi-res 50%.  Sucks the nams were a widespread 4-7" yesterday.. they are pretty dry now.. 1-3" iso 4 for SE two thirds of CT may be the way to go here. 

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I'm definitely not throwing it out, maybe weight it 50% and the rest of the hi-res 50%.  Sucks the nams were a widespread 4-7" yesterday.. they are pretty dry now.. 1-3" iso 4 for SE two thirds of CT may be the way to go here. 

Pretty easy one to me. 2-4” statewide with a 3-5 zone somewhere narrow 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya man, some of these folks just have no appreciation for anything but 12-18”ers. 2-4” is a nice lil event. Keep adding it up.  

Would be nice to get one real biggy, but if not, bring the small and moderate events often.

I’m normally with you on this philosophy…but the problem I see is I’m not sure we even get the small to moderate events the next few weeks. As active as the overall pattern looks, it’s all screwed up either due to spacing or compression.

I’m not canceling winter, but I’m not fond of the overall look with regard to meaningful snow chances in our backyards the next ten days.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I’m at ahout 15” for the season. If I can pick up a few here overnight..I’ll gladly take. 

I think the problem is its mostly just central CT that is close to climo after we hopefuly get a few inches tomorrow we should be around 20" which is half climo with half the winter to go..  everyone else is way behind .. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m normally with you on this philosophy…but the problem I see is I’m not sure we even get the small to moderate events the next few weeks. As active as the overall pattern looks, it’s all screwed up either due to spacing or compression.

I’m not canceling winter, but I’m not fond of the overall look with regard to meaningful snow chances in our backyards the next ten days.

Perhaps but things pop. Even an overrunning south of the Pike situation can pop. One day at a time. 

• Like 2