• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

GEFS got really dry too, hmm

Definitely still some red flags on this threat. Gonna need to see some solid improvement on euro to get confident. As much as the euro has not been it’s dominant self recently, it still is not typically going to be that far off inside 48h so hopefully we see a bump here soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I agree with you Will, just that if this IS the compromise then it's still meh verbatim. I think we are saying the same thing...another bump would be nice.

Yeah if the NAM and GFS slink back SE at 00z and converge on an 18z euro solution, then we’re screwed outside of south coast towns. But I’m starting to think this may keep coming NW for another couple cycles. I like that there is a little bit of southern stream energy infused to get this going. 

Anecdotally, I feel like those trend more amped a bit more frequently than not. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Don't understand why people are calling it anafrontal. Sure a front passes but it's actually a wave developing on the southern extent which is pretty typically how LP develops. Many  claim their hate for small events here but in normal winters they make up to 2/3rds of the accumulation days. The 12 inch events in fact are rare. Young people here are pretty used to the big event and disappointed when it doesn't occur but fact is most don't work out.

Yea. Grab a few inches from the analfront and then pull a few more from the clipper next week. Keep it cold in between and it’s fine. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This in some ways resembles an event around 1/7/97-exact date may be off but an impulse that was to completely miss us was heading in from KY.  My wife watching TWC was jumping up and down that we were getting nailed.   BOS got around 7 inches which is pretty much what the metro got.  Xc skied all day in the snow.