• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

Well, after going 3 for 3 and feeling cocky, I was quickly reminded that we are who we thought we were. Models busting low on temps by more than 5 degrees last night was the cannon across the bow. No biggie. I was never really into this one. Anafronts with well above freezing after midnight have a tough path to win 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, after going 3 for 3 and feeling cocky, I was quickly reminded that we are who we thought we were. Models busting low on temps by more than 5 degrees last night was the cannon across the bow. No biggie. I was never really into this one. Anafronts with well above freezing after midnight have a tough path to win 

I was just thinking the same thing about our luck coming to an end after 3 storms.  Hopefully it’s not a trend going forward…

• H2O unpinned this topic
28 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Where are you moving to?

Missouri. Will be time for a new subforum next winter.

Maybe I'll even do some severe obs given the propensity for spectacular thunderstorms there.

Last summer on a visit we had one storm with strikes every second for what felt like two hours. 

No way in hell I'm gonna try to chase tornadoes though.

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Flurries have been going for about 90 minutes now, maybe it qualifies as -SN? Flake quality is pretty high, a nice gust of wind almost makes it look legit.

One thing I'll never take for granted is what snow looks like in this town. Especially when you drive out onto Pantops or up 5th Street/Cherry intersection and glance at the surrounding hills/mountains.

Gosh it is pretty.

• Like 1