Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

17 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Surprised with almost instant stickage 

Even the roads caved with temps above freezing. 

Yep, here as well.  A good reminder about going into an "event" being cold the few days before vs. warm.  I know it was in the mid 40's to 50 yesterday but quite cold several days before that.  Despite the surface temp issues we could still some some black ice type issues this AM. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

The coastal that will affect SE VA and NE NC during that time period

Well yes I realize that. But I thought the past 24-48 hr trends pretty much killed that snowfall probability for C MD to something more like 1-2%. Twenty percent chance seems optimistic at this point. One can hope ....

Just now, mattie g said:

Sorry. I went back to edit and add my obs.

<_<

41 and raining. Padding my monthly precip stats.

its okay. we hide some posts just to avoid the discussion. 

It would be best for folks to keep their thoughts to themselves about covid. we've been down this road before, lets not do it again. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Well yes I realize that. But I thought the past 24-48 hr trends pretty much killed that snowfall probability for C MD to something more like 1-2%. Twenty percent chance seems optimistic at this point. One can hope ....

20% is probably optimistic indeed, but I believe that’s the max threshold for “slight” chances —  1-20% chance

There are a few members that still attempt to give the area some snow, especially 95 and east, but yeah, the windows closing. 

Just now, TSSN+ said:

33 and snow Westminster. Could manage to pick up at least a coating to an inch. Looks like should snow for another 1-2hrs. 

Same obs. here. Best rates so far occurring as we speak IMBY.  Looks lovely out there. Give me another hour or two of fatty flakes and a nice ground whitening and I’ll be happy at this point

• H2O unpinned this topic