Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

HoCo’s been closed since last night friend. It was a half day to begin with and they caved early last night 

No, they closed for high school last night. It was only a half day for high schools, so a two-hour delay made no sense for them so they just closed for the day. Elementary and middle had full days so they were a two-hour delay, but I just got the text they are closed now as well.

Just now, osfan24 said:

No, they closed for high school last night. It was only a half day for high schools, so a two-hour delay made no sense for them so they just closed for the day. Elementary and middle had full days so they were a two-hour delay, but I just got the text they are closed now as well.

Yep. My offspring is in HS and she was excited for a snow day. Totally forgot about middle and elementary schools :P

48 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Outside of the front magically stalling out and sending that train of shortwaves toward us we aren’t getting anywhere close to verifying our advisory lmao :lol:

B5FE6D3A-9AE3-43A5-BB70-C60EA601BE38.jpeg

The front also took on more of a vertical angle than guidance projected 24-48 hours ago which isn’t good.  I noticed that last night but hoped I was just being pessimistic. When we do better with these anafront waves is when they ride more Wsw to ene along a stalled front not so much when the front is angled SSW to NNE. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The front also took on more of a vertical angle than guidance projected 24-48 hours ago which isn’t good.  I noticed that last night but hoped I was just being pessimistic. When we do better with these anafront waves is when they ride more Wsw to ene along a stalled front not so much when the front is angled SSW to NNE. 

Good point. Add it to the list of things we need to unfold just right to get accumulating snow around these parts!

• H2O unpinned this topic