Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

my kid got a 2hr delay for rain :lol: 

our county got rid of the delay and just made them asynch days...actually proving to be a decent idea I think so far..the 2 hour delay was a big waste of time...they get in and put bags down, eat lunch and leave. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Ha, same. I guess it's better than them being off.....for now.

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

our county got rid of the delay and just made them asynch days...actually proving to be a decent idea I think so far..the 2 hour delay was a big waste of time...they get in and put bags down, eat lunch and leave. 

Baltimore County just closed for the day. 

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, osfan24 said:

Concerned about busses driving through flooded roadways. :D

I assume they still expect a changeover, which could have impacted the 2hr delay opening, so screw it, lets just close instead. The kid's 3rd "snow day" without the snow hahahahaha

• Sad 1

It was snowing when I left for work but still 35 and no accumulation and heavier precip will be over in about an hour so writings on the wall. Changed to rain as soon as I was off my ridge. Again the problem wasn’t the changeover time. The guidance that had my area getting 3-4” had it mostly falling between 6-10am.   I always knew the first hour was bogus as the snow wouldn’t stick immediately on wet 35 degree ground. And the last 2 hours went poof as the wave is more progressive than projected (but it’s been trending that way for days). The real bust was the wave is going to be further southeast as the cold arrives so less precip after the flip for places NW of 95. 

• H2O unpinned this topic