Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

Just now, BristowWx said:

But if it does go down like that…then what…where does that leave us.  Something to ponder 

I have a feeling it won’t. Euro doesn’t do good with these systems from what I seen. Think we had one last year euro was like .5”-1” at my house and ended up with 3.5” 

15 minutes ago, Amped said:

This is either going to be a really big bust for the Gfs or Euro.

The Euro on Pivotal is showing Sleet on the graphics but looking at the Euro soundings at 7 am it should either be Rain or Snow since there's no warm layer except at the surface. This may be why the snow map is lower than earlier.

3 minutes ago, rjvanals said:

The Euro on Pivotal is showing Sleet on the graphics but looking at the Euro soundings at 7 am it should either be Rain or Snow since there's no warm layer except at the surface. This may be why the snow map is lower than earlier.

Short range models are focus now, but great observation 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

But if it does go down like that…then what…where does that leave us.  Something to ponder 

I told my partner to buckle up and get ready to go into work tomorrow.  He was dancing earlier when weather twitter posted the HWRF which I guess showed something good (haven't really looked much today).  

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Indeed, I just hope there's enough powder left.  In any case it beats the dust to slopfest.  Hopefully a mere primer to what's coming down the pike. :)

I hope your optimism pays off, but I can't help but not feel so great considering were currently entrenched in the period that was "what's coming down the pike"  not too long ago and things aren't looking too hot. 

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic