Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

You also have to remember that it is going to rain first and the ground will be relatively warm... It will not be like Saturday when everything stuck on contact

One day of mid 40s after numerous cold days and nights isn't going to magically make the ground super warm... the snow will still accumulate on the roads pretty quickly after starting/changover

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

One day of mid 40s after numerous cold days and nights isn't going to magically make the ground super warm... the snow will still accumulate on the roads pretty quickly after starting/changover

Not to mention that without the benefit of pre-treatment, falling temperatures could cause a mess in the morning once temperatures do fall below freezing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Immediately pictured a guy driving around with a bullhorn “aleet, aleet, it’s gonna snow! Get your milk, bread and toilet paper!”

I mean, I just meant he tell his educator friends lol But that visual is funny. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

Maybe I don’t watch news so can’t answer that. I just think most excepted a white rain event. Now it looks more robust.

I'm not sure why people are giving you such a hard time.

No...it doesn't matter whether there's going to be an advisory or whatever. If you just look at the discussion you'll see that it's starting to look like an advisory-level event, and we should expect that some sort of advisories will be posted sometime today.

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm not sure why people are giving you such a hard time.

No...it doesn't matter whether there's going to be an advisory or whatever. If you just look at the discussion you'll see that it's starting to look like an advisory-level event, and we should expect that some sort of advisories will be posted sometime today.

I wasn't trying to give him a hard time. I just didn't understand why it matters whether there is a WWA or not. Not sorry for asking. 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF changed the title to Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations
  • H2O unpinned this topic