• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

Someone's gonna find themselves under a short, small streak of heavy snow towards the end of the event when the column is colder and the ratios are better, and they will be the one who gets out with the 3+ inches imo. For those of us who only get the heavier stuff near the changeover, it'll be a somewhat sloppy inch or so and then a light powdery layer on top. At least that's how I think it will go down.

2 hours ago, high risk said:

The Kuchera ratios seem a bit generous for an event with marginal temps through a decent depth above the surface.    For now, I like a blend of the 10:1 maps with the positive snow depth change;  a 1-3 along and northwest of I-95 and 2-4 well north and northwest might work well.

I think this is a very solid forecast. Topography and proxy in lat will be a big part of the max potential for this kind of setup. I mentioned earlier I really like the M/D folks with someone like @psuhoffmanbeing in a phenomenal spot for this setup. 850-700mb frontogen is actually solid for wee hrs of Thursday through about 15z. There could be a nice surprise heavy snow for parts of the region. I do like 1-3 south of I-70 at max potential. 2-4 with a max of 5” for north of I-70 with best chances over the northern tier of MD. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think this is a very solid forecast. Topography and proxy in lat will be a big part of the max potential for this kind of setup. I mentioned earlier I really like the M/D folks with someone like @psuhoffmanbeing in a phenomenal spot for this setup. 850-700mb frontogen is actually solid for wee hrs of Thursday through about 15z. There could be a nice surprise heavy snow for parts of the region. I do like 1-3 south of I-70 at max potential. 2-4 with a max of 5” for north of I-70 with best chances over the northern tier of MD. 

I'm sitting at 900' on Parrs Ridge 7 miles north of 70. I've been waiting for my chance to use my new special power lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bob Chill said:

This is where mistakes are made. When Ma sends you snow and you aren't genuinely grateful for it, she remembers it and you will pay for it. As soon as I accepted that and put it in practice, the MoCo deathband was reborn. I kid you not. Just ask @WxUSAF. He knows. He did the same thing and the connection was made setting up the HoCo-MoCo deathband. 

Everyone in Dale City needs to take heed of this message. Once we do, the HoCo/MoCo/Prince William Deathband is born.

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

the front def has juiced up as we get closer to game time

Total precip per the NAM at 1pm tomorrow - assume that some starts as rain before any flip to snow

index (5).png

GFS even juicer for the 95 corridor, same time frame

index (6).png

• Like 3

• WxUSAF changed the title to Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations
  • H2O unpinned this topic