Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

No one cares about this storm succeeding if it messes up the big one, but is nice to see a good run. 

We don’t live in some snow mecca. If there’s a chance for the good white powder to fall down on us, we do not turn our noses up at it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

We do if it prevents 20 inches from falling in us…

This is where mistakes are made. When Ma sends you snow and you aren't genuinely grateful for it, she remembers it and you will pay for it. As soon as I accepted that and put it in practice, the MoCo deathband was reborn. I kid you not. Just ask @WxUSAF. He knows. He did the same thing and the connection was made setting up the HoCo-MoCo deathband. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Just now, Bob Chill said:

This is where mistakes are made. When Ma sends you snow and you aren't genuinely grateful for it, she remembers it and you will pay for it. As soon as I accepted that and put it in practice, the MoCo deathband was reborn. I kid you not. Just ask @WxUSAF. He knows. He did the same thing and the connection was made setting up the HoCo-MoCo deathband. 

Haha ok I take it back. Bring on the snow, any snow, no matter how it may affect future snow. 

38 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

I do recall a few days prior to the Jan 2016 storm, we had a small ice event come through. That storm pretty much came though a few days later and it was like a lion attacking an already wounded gazelle :P

Yes! I live in the plains which is northern fauquier and I remember a couple days before we had a dusting to an inch proceeding that big storm. 

5 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Is there any reason this system would prevent/reduce the likelihood of the second? I don't know enough about how this would interact. Does it become a spacing issue if there's too much energy in the first one or something? Or just superstition? 

I think one of the Mets touched on this...it has to do with where the boundary is setting up. I think maybe if the first storm happens more to a degree, the trough/boundary pushes more off the coast.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Feel like the RGEM took a step in the right direction, it's slight but this whole event is slight, lol.

Ala 2014. Lol. From the early Jan storm (7th maybe?) until end of Mar there was something trackable. More than once, while we were tracking a midrange threat, a short range threat would pop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Ala 2014. Lol. From the early Jan storm (7th maybe?) until end of Mar there was something trackable. More than once, while we were tracking a midrange threat, a short range threat would pop.

Yeah there were two in January 2014 that I have documented...Jan. 2-3 and Jan. 21.  I think that's the year when we had something in the short range and everyone would pile into that thread as models came in for the first ~84h.  Then moved into the medium-range thread that had the next threat!  It was wild.  Like changing classes in college!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jewell2188 said:

Yes! I live in the plains which is northern fauquier and I remember a couple days before we had a dusting to an inch proceeding that big storm. 

Yeah that storm was a nightmare for being a dusting to an inch.  I lived in Ellicott City/Columbia area at that time. Most did not think much of this event so they did not brine the roads at all.  I never forget me driving up Rt100 from Glen Burnie area to Ellicott City during the apex of this event. Everyone was slipping and sliding, saw 3 trucks run off the road.  Was amazing what non brined roads do in those type of situations.

• WxUSAF changed the title to Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations
  • H2O unpinned this topic