• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

Sorry for the delay on the totals, finally got around to posting this. I thought our final call was overall a good forecast We bumped up across the board to near 0 at the shore and low ending warning amounts in the NW hills. We nailed this area, although the amounts ranged from 4-7 instead of 4-8. The 2-4 area verified mostly well except we underestimated the elevation component of this storm along with mid levels warming south to north while precip was a bit stubborn to push into CT from the SW. This allowed inland areas of SW CT to recieve more snow than the CT river valley up to the MA boarder. 

Final Grade: B

Final call and CT snow totals

01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_update_1.thumb.jpg.845ecad94ef50c4f13f323fda85211c1.jpg01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.7a246dc67dc6388e4e4e2d5a5776fbae.jpg

First call

01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.5ad3bf23d54a40686331d03067532446.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Sorry for the delay on the totals, finally got around to posting this. I thought our final call was overall a good forecast We bumped up across the board to near 0 at the shore and low ending warning amounts in the NW hills. We nailed this area, although the amounts ranged from 4-7 instead of 4-8. The 2-4 area verified mostly well except we underestimated the elevation component of this storm along with mid levels warming south to north while precip was a bit stubborn to push into CT from the SW. This allowed inland areas of SW CT to recieve more snow than the CT river valley up to the MA boarder. 

Final Grade: B

Final call and CT snow totals

01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_update_1.thumb.jpg.845ecad94ef50c4f13f323fda85211c1.jpg01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.7a246dc67dc6388e4e4e2d5a5776fbae.jpg

First call

01_17.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.5ad3bf23d54a40686331d03067532446.jpg

Are you not grabbing from wkevins site?

13 hours ago, JC-CT said:

Anyway, not a criticism, just a suggestion

There is very few members that update right after an event. I have checked it but there's really no point since I usually have to check the last 10 or so pages to get all the people that didn't update in his site anyways.

It is helpful for making the running seasonal snowfall totals for CT though, I do use it for that. Speaking of which I need to do the first one soon. Most are probably in the 10-20" range atm. 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

There is very few members that update right after an event. I have checked it but there's really no point since I usually have to check the last 10 or so pages to get all the people that didn't update in his site anyways.

It is helpful for making the running seasonal snowfall totals for CT though, I do use it for that. Speaking of which I need to do the first one soon. Most are probably in the 10-20" range atm. 

Please do...while kevin is still taking the rare midseason loss. It wont last long.

• Like 1