• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

Just want out for glute bustin walk in some man snow.  We had more than I thought.  My conservative estimate is 8.5, and we obviously had compaction from the 1/4 inch of rain at the end.  It snowed very hard after I came in from my morning walk.  We had around 7 then, so we probably got 9, but let's say 8.5.  I have a 12" snowpack in the woods which is really nice for mid January with a cold snowy stretch ahead.   Great storm up here today.

• Like 2

Ended up with about 6". I think it might have been a little more, but really no way to get a good measurement. It never flipped to rain here, but when I was down in the valley it was more of a white rain for a bit. Temp hit 36 around 3, slowly creeping back down. Some density to this snow, so good for the pack which is probably around 10" or so, and must have about 2.5" of liquid. I'll do a core later.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

We are at about 9" at the ski area.  Never would've guessed that amount today.  I had 3-6" and then 3-6" upslope tonight.  I bet we got a good inch of QPF, models had less than that for sure today.

Just finished snowblowing the driveway and yard. 8” and the high has been 32°. I don’t think we ever had any taint. Beefy snow though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

I've been dropping about a degree every 45 minutes but haven't hit 32 yet, now at 34.

I shoveled this morning . Slush and massive slugs of water and puddles. Driveway is all iced over . Radar looks decent for a couple hours of light snow this evening / early tonight. Models showed this little band for like 3 days . I kept wondering if they’d lose it. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I shoveled this morning . Slush and massive slugs of water and puddles. Driveway is all iced over . Radar looks decent for a couple hours of light snow this evening / early tonight. Models showed this little band for like 3 days . I kept wondering if they’d lose it. 

I'm going to have ice too but at least it won't be an inch thick.

4 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Had exactly 1.27" LE when I melted down..kind of interesting given our vastly different locations. 11.2" total though.

Color me impressed up here.  There’s 9-10” on the ground of dense snow where we park on the holiday weekends at 1300ft.

Legit storm, can’t believe we weren’t that far off areas modeled almost double us or more.

A69B1C28-FE6A-40B2-AA4B-FB962CE39731.jpeg.24654536d080561dcbb2acb970950fe3.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

@jculligan must be getting crushed 

Hard to say how much we ended up with here. The wind was insane, so drifting was quite an issue. Depending on where I stick the ruler, I'm getting anywhere from 7-16 inches. Taking the mean measurement, it looks like something in the vicinity of 10-11" is probably most accurate. It sure was pounding for a time, just didn't last as long as I had hoped!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jculligan said:

Hard to say how much we ended up with here. The wind was insane, so drifting was quite an issue. Depending on where I stick the ruler, I'm getting anywhere from 7-16 inches. Taking the mean measurement, it looks like something in the vicinity of 10-11" is probably most accurate. It sure was pounding for a time, just didn't last as long as I had hoped!

Thanks,was waiting for your update. I agree that the mythical giant rates for hours and hours didn’t materialize (like usually happens) so that kept this from being as big as it could have been. Still a foot of cement is awesome and just what was needed. 

• Like 2