• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

Snow ended over an hour ago.  Now a few breaks.  Temperature is still below freezing.  Up to 31F

Dry snow throughout with just the briefest of mix of IP.  Only 6"  but I think that is low.  There are trees a couple hundred feet to the east so with strong winds it might have blocked my house area.  Very hard storm to measure with the wind

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I received 1/2" of paste before transitioning to .96" of rainfall.

I'm sure the next one will go just south...don't even question it anymore.

You seem to be having the same synoptic luck that we in the Syracuse area are having. They either go too far north and we get screwed with warm air...or they go too far south and we get nothing. Last night, even the guys in Connecticutt right next to the warm Atlantic got more snow than us. 3 inches of sleet/graupel/snow waaaaaaaaay up here from the strong SE winds off the Atlantic, while there was more snow literally everywhere else in the state.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's f'kin awesome :lol:.  What a cam grab.  

Yeah, I haven’t seen those guys in a while. About 16 or so birds in that flock that stroll all over the place out front there. They had been missing all fall and winter until today. Glad I saw them. They look fairly plump so things must be going well. 

• Like 1

Measured 5.7" at 1 PM with gritty S-, but the rate/flakes have improved since then.  Temp into the upper 20s, an 8° climb in the past 3 hours.

Edit: Changed to light rain just before 2.  The 6.2" final (unless the ULL produces later) had 0.92" LE.  The 6.5-to-1 ratio fits right in with last year's lowest by far average ratio.

Note: The "970mb" I posted earlier should've been 980.  Lowest I've seen is 979 at St. Johnsbury and most sites outside N Maine are starting upward or will soon.