Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Totally sucked to snowblow.  One of the worst in memory.   Sun is out now

Instead of shoveling the whole steep driveway, I took the approach of digging a series of canals to allow melting to do the work for me on the parts I didn't shovel

At least that's my plan.  :)

• Like 1

I was ready, I waited until the first sleet pellets started mixing in and then fired up the blower.  Places where I had to shovel were super heavy though.
Same, but now I have a thick layer of grapel that is getting rained on. Will be epic sheet of ice when that freezes. Think I might try and snowblower that layer off before it freezes

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

25 here. Hopefully I can hold out. Usually I do in events like this.

Just passed 6" here in the valley with the ULL starting to channel some convergence.  Looks like the flow continues to waiver just east and west of south which is really helping to mitigate any shadowing.  29ºF and steady for the last 4 hours here at 300' with visibilities ranging between 1/2mi and 3/4mi as the waves move on through.  Just have to make it to ~4pm after which any risk of mixing goes away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was ready, I waited until the first sleet pellets started mixing in and then fired up the blower.  Places where I had to shovel were super heavy though.

I was hoping to go and snowblow around 7.   But…we lost power.   My snowblower’s pull start is toast so I use the plug in starter.   No power.  No snowblow.   
Some blue skies and sun

27.9F Moderate snow.   The end of the echoes is just 5 miles south of me.  Other than about 5 minutes of mixed IP and snow the whole storm was dry snow.   Should be an easy cleanup.  Lots of drifting so I will post snow total once I take a few measurements.

Really nice winter storm.  Sorry that most missed out