• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

Looks on rad as though the low must be rollin' up the Hudson/SE NY ... now N of NYC.. 

looks like 4" inches here, ... but that's an estimate. I unfortunately didn't get a measurement before this flipped to rain at around 5 or so. Not sure if there was an IP interval before that happens.   We'd been mild and rising ...now mid 40s, so whatever fell is soft oatmeal at this point.

So many people here watch Hillbilly weather.  He was basically saying most of the storm would be rain.  People were ribbing me yesterday as I was saying mostly snow up here.  Watching Steele Hill Webcam too.  Seems to be going to sleet then snow, back and forth

25.8F  Moderate snow but just measured only 5"ish

30 minutes ago, dryslot said:

4.5” this is 1.5-2”/hr stuff

image.png.e8852005fc03e1105a0fd9e3b9595e8d.png

Decent.  Snow began about 6 and by 9 we'd had only 1/2".  By 10 it was about 2" - easily the heaviest rate this season. 
GYX overnight shift backed the yesterday afternoon forecast from 8-12 to 5-9.  Some siggy forecast differences over relatively short distances:  Farmington 7-11, Skowhegan 3-7 barely 20 miles distant and slightly farther north. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I was really expecting the temp to be moving north from where it is.  I've been hovering 38-40 for a few hours.  I suspect at some point I'll bounce toward the mid-40's, but perhaps not.

I thought so too but not according to HRRR, we're at our high according to that model.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Looks like you held on to some decent snow after all. The 3 inches that fell in MD last night were totally obliterated by 5 hours of heavy 38 degree rain.

If it's anything like what it is for me, that's pretty much entirely what was there before yesterday...the new stuff turned to slush, but the old pack is basically a sheet of ice.