Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Actually just flipped back to ripping pingers and flakes under these heavier returns.

Over 6"? Figured you would do well on this one.

Pretty happy with our 4" before it went over, compacted down to about 2" of slop now. 

@radarman, any idea how much at Berkshire East? First storm of the year on a holiday weekend and no report, got to love their communication! hahaha

2.5" before the heavy rains....as of now we have a net gain, very little grass visible, temperature here in the Valley has been holding in the mid 30s with light winds. Looks like there are temperature drops pushing east now, might have to shovel the slushy mess off the drive and walkways...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

Over 6"? Figured you would do well on this one.

Pretty happy with our 4" before it went over, compacted down to about 2" of slop now. 

@radarman, any idea how much at Berkshire East? First storm of the year on a holiday weekend and no report, got to love their communication! hahaha

He is there skiing looks like 6 to 8 so far and dumpi5

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I love the wind. Glad you guys got a taste of that.

that is really what I like.  That is why pack is so important to me.  If I have 8 inches of pack and I get a 6 inch storm that has heavy snow, then I feel like I'm in a heavy blizzard when I got out to walk.  That is the best part.  And actually 2 ft of pack, while I love it, kinda sucks because I can't go for long walks unless I put on the snowshoes, which can be a pita.

8.3" of super dense snow as of 9 am, but we've probably added a half inch or an inch since then. I haven't melted it down yet, but I bet there's at least an inch to an inch and a quarter in this stuff.

There are waves of snow that range between light and heavy. Snow growth is better now than at any other point during this storm as we have CAA aloft from the south. Most of the storm has featured a fine, rimey snow very reminiscent of a SWFE. No sleet or rain whatsoever. 29° F with a brightening sky at the moment.

• Like 6