Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

WTF happened? Our hill got smoked this morning. Woke up around 4:30 to some decent winds and about 4" of cement. From 5-5:15am the winds went wild. We had a thunderstorm this summer go through with 60+ mph gusts and I would say it approached that. Multiple trees down in our neighborhood and about 200' of power wires are down lining yards and the road. Limbs and broken trees in yards. Currently have a cop blocking off our street. No estimate on power as the winds are still gusting. Rest of town has power and all good.

Damn 

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You get some better mixing there?  That's crazy, hope you get power back quickly.  Going to get cold tonight.

Yea, by the time I woke up it was sleet. Rain started around 6am. Have the wood stove cranking and will get the generator going. Given the amount of line down and tree work that needs to be done it's going to be a bit. 

• Like 1

Perversely impressed with how the warmth invaded right as the precip started here; gotta tip your cap. It’s an absolute fire hose of wind-driven rain. Congrats to those away from the coast, and to my old college stomping grounds in central NY (though WNY is the jack).

• Like 1

The deformation band over YYZ looks impressive based on the traffic maps. Toronto doesn't get lots of big storms; they average about as much snow as BOS but to get a storm of this magnitude sort of requires this odd track. I can't find full data but they haven't had a calendar day with >12" of snow since 1999. Everyone appears to have gone to work per webcams, so they're a couple of spinouts from a Dec, 2007 in Boston where the plows can't keep up and everyone gets snowed in. They won't have a Virginia situation, probably, because people have snow tires and generally know how to handle snow.

1480795644_ScreenShot2022-01-17at07_51_08.thumb.png.c68dc274d55a9deac581041de5b69f4a.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

She must not be a golden :)

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

So he must still have furniture left.

Black Lab.  All the furniture colors were designed in a time when we had light colored goldens.  Oh and she sheds.

IMG_5197a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1